Food and Agriculture Organization Recruiting Now 2020
The Regional Office for Africa is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the Region.
It also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the Region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies.
This assignment refers to the FAO Regional Office for Africa (RAF) in Accra, Ghana.
Job Title: Information Technology Specialist
The IT Specialist reports to the Regional Information Technology Officer and follows technical standards and procedures established by the FAO Information Technology Division (CIO).
Responsible for the day-day operations of RAF’s network services and computer Infrastructure. Coordination and provision of the information technology support services for the successful achievement of FAO’s mandate. Quality, transparency and consistency of IT service delivery, requiring in-depth knowledge and interpretation of relevant policies and guidelines in line with established IT procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain the office technology, the architecture and technical specification of the network infrastructure (LAN and WAN) and ensure maps are up to date.
- Ensure security and privacy of user identity (user credentials) and data managed by the user, following the relevant corporate policies.
- Provide support to Decentralized Offices, missions from Regional Office and FAO headquarters.
- Perform daily operations associated with corporate servers, including disk monitoring and administration as well as error resolution.
- Provide second level troubleshooting and monitoring of LAN and WAN services.
- Assist in ensuring the proper functioning of Gateways, Switches, Routers and PBX System.
- Assist in the setting up and maintenance of external data communication links.
- Assist in disaster recover planning.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks including Voice Over IP (VOIP) telephony.
- Receive and monitor requests related to IT incidents, in the Service Desk system, resolve IT-related issues pertaining to FAO standard equipment, escalate those issues that cannot be solved to the Service desk, monitor progress and resolution.
- Provide telephone, e-mail and remote support to Office Technology Coordinators (OTC) and members of the Virtual Support Team, and providing procedural documentation as required.
- Respond to service incidents within the times specified in any Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Identify, correct or advise, on operational issues with end users’ computer systems.
- For all non-corporate software follow the clearance process and ensure that no non-corporate software is installed on FAO equipment without official clearance.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in line with current security procedures.
- Provide orientation to new OTCs on the IT rules and regulations, and IT security matters.
- Provide instructions to users on existing technology and potential use (One drive for Business, MSOffice, Intranet, Skype for Business, etc.).
- Provide user guidance and training on IT equipment and services; contribute to the IT knowledge base,
- Ensure security of the network by following security policies and report problems when they are detected.
- Assist in the planning and procurement of IT equipment and software, based on established equipment life cycle processes: provide specifications for the purchase of hardware, software and peripherals and assist users in the preparation of IT-related purchase orders (POs) and liaise with the IT Solution for clearance of services, equipment and software.
- Support regional ISD providing all the needed assistance in terms of the IT expenditure exercise in a timely manner.
- Identify the future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and relocations/moves, timely informing the integrated service desk (ISD).
- Perform a simulation of the Disaster and Incident recovery plan, reporting to the regional ISD about the planning, execution, lesson learnt and proposed improvements.
- Be aware of all the IT Division policies and ensure to follow them accordingly.
- Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors on organizational related issues.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Regional Information Technology Officer.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Information Systems/Computer Science with specialized formal training on ICT systems
- Five years of relevant experience with IT support work
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Ghana or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Thorough understanding of the IT infrastructure, computer systems and software, particularly Microsoft Windows 10, MS Office 2016 and Office 365
- Thorough knowledge of IT governance policies and procedures
- Thorough problem-solving skills related to IT issues
- Cisco CCNA certified would be desirable
- Relevant Microsoft and/or Apple certifications would be desirable
- Knowledge of French would be an asset