FOCOS mission is to provide comprehensive, affordable orthopaedic care to those who would not otherwise have access to such treatment. In particular, FOCOS seeks to enhance access to optimal surgical and non-surgical care for patients with disabling musculoskeletal disorders including complex spine deformities and pediatric orthopedic problems in underserved regions. It began as a dream of the founder to see the best care reach the underserved in his native country, Ghana and the sub-Saharan region.
Job Title: Program Coordinator / Office Manager
• Support the overall administrative process for FOCOS USA and activities relating to Ghana.
• Schedule and organize meetings, conference calls, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors. This includes handling calendars, meeting invites, making arrangements for meetings and travel, preparing agendas and taking accurate minutes for meetings as requested.
• Carry out general clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, faxing, mailing, etc.
• Handle phone calls.
• Provide general support to donors, potential donors and visitors; reply to email, phone and face to face inquiries.
• Handle requests for information/data from supervisor and donors.
• Prepare, modify and distribute documents and correspondence including, notifications, reports, letters, drafts, minutes, memos, responses to inquiries and emails.
• Create and manage templates and spreadsheets.
• Maintain contact lists (staff and board).
• Manage and maintain the electronic and hardcopy filing systems and documents for the organization, including the board (i.e. eFileCabinet).
• Setup, track and maintain electronic signatures for documents as requested.
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures as requested.
• Act as the point of contact for board members, internal staff, donors and potential donors.
• Write letters and emails on behalf of supervisor or board members, as directed.
• Conduct research and execute projects (i.e. state registration and compliance) as required.
• Help handle volunteer inquiries and help coordinate hospital visits.
• Work with procurement to handle in-kind donations (i.e. valuing items, sending letters).
• Support the Academic Coordinator with the Medical Missions program.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge regarding non-profit organizations to help keep FOCOS in compliance.
• Help monitor and verify invoices, receipts, accounts and contracts.
• Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
• Provide assistance with fundraising initiatives and events as required.
• Other related tasks as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant discipline.
• Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience as an administrative assistant or virtual assistant.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to take on responsibility and be accountable for tasks and objectives.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Problem assessment and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of office management procedures, systems and equipment.
• Gathering, monitoring and compiling information.
• Responsive and proactive.
• Knowledge in non-profit sector.
• Professional, polite and attentive.
How To Apply
Interested Applicants should email their CV’s to: [email protected] with the job title clearly stated
Closing Date: 30 April, 2020