Financial Accountant at KPMG Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Financial Accountant
• The role holder is responsible providing financial accounting services that support the effective and efficient management of the institution’s financial resources, within statutory and regulatory guidelines.
• Liaise with the relevant units in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with accounting policies, practice and finance standards, best practices, and government regulations
• Provide financial advice on operational issues by applying financial principles and practices to enhance the implementation of efficient financial principles and practices
• Supervise the accounts staff in such areas as stocks/Inventory, fixed assets, accounting & disposal, bills payable and receivable, credit control and coordinate follow up on outstanding payments and receivables
• Review and submit periodic financial reports and accounts to management and the Board on timely basis in line with policies and regulatory requirements
• Provide bookkeeping services for all accounting and finance activities to facilitate the preparation of periodic (monthly/annual) accounts and financial statements for analysis and decision making
• Assist in preparing and implementing the institution’s annual budget and forecasts aligned to strategic plans and in accordance with guidelines provided by Management, Board of Directors and shareholders
• Liaise with tax authorities for efficient management of tax related issues in compliance with regulations and policies
• Assist and support internal and external auditors in preparing financial records to ensure the specified entities comply with all applicable laws
• Prepare audit schedules as may be required for year-end external audit and provide support for implementation of agreed audit recommendations
• Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution
• Professional certification in Accounting (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CPA)
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience in the private and public sector with two (2) years in a managerial role
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to:
Closing Date: 27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.