Finance Officer at Mennonite Economic Development Associates – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is a faith based International Development Organization based in Canada and operating since 1953.
MEDA is currently implementing a six- year (2015- 2021) Farmers’ Economic Advancement Through Seedlings or FEATS Project in Ghana with funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) for improving the productivity, profitability and well-being of tree crop farmers by facilitating access to high quality planting materials. The FEATS Project aims to improve the economic well- being of farmers in export-linked tree crops industries and plans to facilitate the development of viable and sustainable commercial supply chains and markets for high quality tree seedlings. The Project is targeted at 100,000 male and female farmers, 35 small enterprises and their employees including 25 tree-sector farmers and industry associations. The project aims to facilitate the distribution of 21 million quality tree seedlings, primarily of Cocoa, Cashew, Rubber and Shea over its six (6) year tenure. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org
The FEATS project’s core areas of work are: (1) new knowledge with a focus on farmer capacity building (2) financial capacity focusing on provision of purchase discounts towards purchase of seedlings by farmers, financial training and savings and loan products in partnership with financial institutions (3) seedling supply and distribution by facilitating the establishment of seedling distribution centers (4) policy and advocacy support for the tree crops sector. Crosscutting areas of focus are gender, environment, youth and child labour.
In addition to regular financial management requirements for the operation of an active NGO, FEATS project involves the capacity building for the 35 Small & Micro Enterprises including supporting the SMEs to prepare quarterly financial statement in format acceptable to MEDA and the keeping of proper documentation of all expenditures, etc.
- Assist the Finance Manager to monitor the work of SMEs
- Work with SMEs to prepare and submit quarterly financial reports to donor specifications
- Assist the Finance Manager prepare for internal and external audits
- Make entries for preparation of financial reports
- Process requests by programmes staff
- Ensure prompt payment of statutory deductions
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
Required Skills or Experience
MEDA hereby require the services of a Finance Officer with the competencies, qualifications and skills set as set out below:
- A Higher National Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Working knowledge of general accounting standards
- Knowledge in the use of accounting softwares
- At least a year’s working experience in an accounting environment
- Ability to prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Experience working with INGOs or in project environment.
- Very conversant with MS office software packages
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Strong work ethic and ability to carry out duties at a high professional level.
Communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and written.
Have the ability to work extra hours to meet tight deadlines
Exercise a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- The Applicant shall submit an Application letter and attach his/her updated detailed Curriculum Vitae showing qualifications and work experience relevant to the assignment. This is a full time employment
- Please submit your Application letter through email f[email protected] by Friday 13th September 2019 addressed to the Country Director, MEDA-FEATS Project, Accra.
POSSIBLE START DATE
The applicant should be available to commence work from 1st October 2019.