Field Operations Consultant | ReliefWeb
Job Title: Field Operations Consultant
Reports To: Programs Manager
Type: Field-based Consultancy, Fixed Price
The Fund for Peace is seeking a Ghana-based consultant for the role of field operations consultant for a one year contract in support of the United States Department of State Responsive Engagement and Collective Learning Approaches to Inform Mercury Substitution in Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining (RECLAIMS ASGM) project. The role will encompass both programmatic and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) responsibilities. On the programmatic side, the role will focus on the design and implementation of innovative strategies aimed at increasing community awareness of the negative impacts of mercury use in ASGM. On M&E, the role will entail the design and implementation of M&E activities and the analysis and reporting of data in relation to project activities.
Scope of Work
- Co-design and implement innovative strategies and activities aimed at increasing community awareness of the negative impacts of mercury use in ASGM;
- Mobilize youths as agents of change in mercury education;
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Provide support on data collection for M&E purposes;
- Provide insights and information for quarterly, annual and other reports to project team; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in USG projects or projects implemented by international NGOs etc.
- Deep understanding of the Ghanaian ASGM sector, and a minimum of three years of professional experience and progressive responsibility implementing projects focused on ASGM sector issues.
- Proven track record in utilizing the International Labour Organization’s (ILO) Supporting Children’s Rights through Education, the Arts and the Media (SCREAM) methodology in awareness-raising projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Excellent representation and communication skills (oral and written), including cross-cultural skills, and the ability to deal with counterparts at all political, social and economic levels.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate virtually with team members deployed across multiple locations and time zones.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel program.**
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in written and spoken French is strongly preferred.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with FFP clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision-making authority on final work product.
Travel: Domestic travel is anticipated.