Farmerline is a for-profit Ghanaian company that builds technologies to connect rural customers to information, financial tools, and supply chains. Over the past three years, Farmerline has built a profitable social business, software technology, and partnership network reaching over 200,000 farmers across 11 countries. Farmerline is a dynamic and quickly growing company with offices in Accra and Kumasi, Ghana, and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Nigeria, Malawi and other African countries.
Job Title: Project Management Associate
About CocoaLink 2.0
Cocoalink 2.0 is an innovative and smart solution for every farmer regardless of age, literacy or location and for stakeholders in the cocoa sector. Farmerline has built on Hershey’s historic success with Cocoalink with additional tools to address current challenges faced by the sector. Specifically, Cocoalink 2.0 is made up of a two-way communication tool and an engaging mobile application. Farmerline reaches older cocoa farmers and extension officers with information on various topics accessed by simply dialing a short code on any mobile phone. This newer Smart Application is primarily for young farmers and extension officers. The application is built for the Android OS largely because of the market consideration with the possibility of building an iOS version depending on user research feedback. Built into the app are educational content in the form of pictures, videos, audios and text, quizzes and a proposed gamification feature which will ultimately inspire and motivate young farmers and provide them with the tools necessary to make their production more valuable and sustainable.
Project Management Associate Role
The Project Management Associate will manage and work with the team to implement the Cocoalink 2.0 project. The role involves building a deep understanding of the scope of the project and will work with the team to evaluate work done and schedules based on the agreed project deliverables and work plan. The Associate will design all project methodologies and provide efficient KPIs and monitor schedule for same and ensure compliance to same and assist to resolve all issues in functional processes. The Associate will also lead the marketing of the app to farmer based organisations and institutions who work with farmers to use the Cocoalink app.
The Associate will be evaluated based on the number of active users engaging the Cocoalink app and deals initiated, closed, and successfully managed. A strong Project Management Associate is both a self-starter and a team player, a strong written and verbal communicator, and passionate about engaging youth to become more enthusiastic about agriculture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research, identify, and build relationships with potential new clients and partners, leveraging a variety of approaches including events, networking, and cold calling to market the Cocoalink App.
- Assist in developing strategies and solutions that meet the needs of potential clients, and communicating these effectively through proposals and presentations
- Analyze the market for the Cocoalink project, identify all risks and prepare risk mitigation strategies
- Manage all resources efficiently and assist the project team to resolve all requests from project partner and clients.
- Documents all project deliverables and prepare appropriate time schedule and provide estimates on all costs and oversee the work of all third party consultants.
- Maintain all work according to the project schedule and perform research on various activities for effective implementation of projects
- Prepare project status reports on a monthly basis
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in an appropriate field of study
- Proven experience in managing, or assisting in managing, short- or long-term field projects
- Excellent project management and coordination skills; the ability to designate success metrics, strategies to achieve metrics, and ability to motivate team members to participate enthusiastically
- Writing and presentation skills; especially budget and report writing
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- Strategic flexibility and cross-cultural sensitivity, particularly when under-pressure
- Time management, teamwork and problem-solving skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive Salary
- Local Health Insurance
- Free Office Lunch
- Professional development opportunities
- A leadership team and colleagues investing in your personal and professional growth
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN
Closing Date : 31st May, 2020