Farmerline Ghana Vacancies 2019 – Jobs in Ghana
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble.
We train and support a network of smartphone empowered field agents to bring vital services and information to farmers doorsteps. Products like high quality but affordable fertilizers, fungicides, and seeds. Information services like weather forecast, market prices, financial & nutrition tips. We are building the “Amazon” for farmers where they can access these services and other resources at an affordable price, quality and right in their community.
We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 5 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 200,000 farmers and mapped over 1 million acres of farmland across 11 countries.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Web Developer)
The Senior Software Engineer (web) will lead the development and implementation of functional web applications throughout the software development life cycle and offer excellent technical support. The engineer shall be a team player with a keen eye for details and possess exceptional problem-solving and debugging skills. Experience in Agile frameworks and working knowledge in relevant coding languages are essential. The goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Lead teams on project execution
- Execute full Software Development Life Cycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
Requirements And Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a web developer
- BSc. / Msc. in Computer Science or Engineering and any other related field.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Strong experience in developing with at least one PHP framework(preferably Laravel)
- Experience with version control systems
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with test-driven development
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Remote work location option
- Performance bonus available
- Macbook may be provided for efficient work.
- A team of leaders and colleagues investing in your personal and professional growth
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN