Facility Manager at Academic City College – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Academic City is a premium tertiary education institution designed to nurture and develop the intellectual capital on the African continent. We have a dedicated focus on innovation-driven learning through new contexts and paradigms, within a transformative learning environment. Our premium teaching talent is facilitated with a state-of-the-art campus in Haatso, Accra, including amphitheater-style lecture halls, student-engaging classroom designs, latest technology/equipment, a venture incubator, and a modern-design engineering workshop.
Comparable to educational institutions abroad, Academic City aims to drive holistic student development with a strong emphasis on activity-based learning, supplemented with entrepreneurial thinking, ethical decision-making, and social-emotional learning.
Facilities Manager will report to the Registrar, Academic City College
The core responsibilities of the Facility Manager will be
- Coordinates and project manage multi-craft activities involved in preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance, cleaning, repair, and renovation of buildings, mechanical systems, physical plant, and/or grounds.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with the College, regulations and local laws
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
- Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
- Oversees activities of contractors, vendor personnel, and suppliers; Monitors contracts for compliance and controls costs; monitors general expenditures of the unit; performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Maintains compliance with departmental security, audit procedures, and university policy.
- Assists in facility and space usage planning; advises the administration on the application of institutional policy, regulations, and standards relating to the management of physical resources.
- Performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Develops and maintains emergency/disaster preparedness and recovery plans.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School graduate, first-degree holders will be given preference
- Minimum of five years of working in a similar role, and in a supervisory capacity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Project planning skills
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
- Knowledge of computer security and audit procedures and requirements
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance
- Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in the area of specialty
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to
The subject line of the email should be “Application for < Role, Your Name >”
Application deadline: 30th September 2019