Excavator & Shovel Operator J1 at Newmont Mining Corporation – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
To operate Shovel at Newmont to deliver material to the appropriate destination in a safe and controlled manner.
- Operate excavator machinery according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and standard task procedures (STP’s).
- Assist in developing peers to perform quality excavating duties.
- Monitor truck payload to minimize over-loading and under-loading. Remain accountable for the digging area of excavation to uphold the highest safety and productivity standards.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring in the shift immediately to the Dispatcher / Supervisor.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
- Perform pre-start checks on the excavators and log results onto the JIGSAW system.
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate these to Dispatch / Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of Operations.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate
- Mineral Commission Operator Competency
- License E
- General knowledge in heavy equipment operation.
- General understanding of mining operations
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working with Code E Vehicles in a mining and heavy industry environment.
- Experience in working within an active open pit mine is preferable.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit in the cabin of a heavy mining equipment for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- Incumbent has to work for extended hours.