The Internal Auditor at Enchi College of Education provides an independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the College’s operations.
• He/she will help the College accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control and governance processes.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Responsibilities and Duties
Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the College.
• Monitoring compliance with established policies, plans and procedures.
• Evaluating the procedures of the College to determine whether results are consistent with the stated objectives and goals.
• Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses.
• Ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making. Drawing the Principal’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances of duplicated functions, waste or other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary.
• Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view of minimising weaknesses.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a good first degree and a postgraduate degree In the relevant subject area and must be a member of a recognised Accountancy Professional Body as well as a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
• He/she must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
Terms of Appointment
The College Internal Auditor shall hold office for a term of four (4) years on first appointment and may, upon application by himself/herself, be eligible for another four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters the compulsory retirement age.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons applying for any of the above positions should attach the under-listed to their application letters.
• Seven (7) certified copies of updated Curriculum Vitae (C.V)
• Seven (7) certified copies of all relevant certificates (the originals shall be inspected at the interview of shortlisted candidates)
• Sealed letters of recommendation from two (2) referees
• Seven (7) copies of two-page type-written statement of how the performance of their roles would support the Principal to achieve the College’s vision.
All applications for any of the positions should reach the address below riot later than 31st December, 2020.
The Search Committee
C/O The Dean,
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Education
College of Education Studies
University of Cape Coast
Closing Date: 31 December, 2020