emPawa Africa is a music aggregator that works with African Artists to grow across Africa and beyond. We need a Content Producer to join our highly collaborative team. This is a very exciting position for someone who is looking to grow within a fast scaling company revolutionizing the music business.
Content Producer is an experienced, collaborative and inspirational team leader, responsible for the successful development of the digital content team. Content Producer has the ability to assess best practices and trend-setting content and has a track record of turning ideas into successful digital content. They can be successful as measured by industry standards, working comfortably and professionally among multiple stakeholders. They have a passion for creativity and innovation.
Job Title: Content Producer
- Establishing the aesthetic vision of Empawa Africa, artists and visual assets including video, photography, production of videos and shows for all social platforms, creation of decks and any other creative ideas;;
- Understand the evolving music marketplace and work to reach listeners with unique content on their terms.;
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Distribution to ensure creative consistency across all channels;
- Maximise creative budgets through innovative marketing practices, showing a willingness to think outside the box;
- Provide insight and contribute ideas relating to current and developing creative tools and strategies to further the goals of Empawa artists, social media tools and content;
- Articulates a long-term strategy to achieve successful audience growth and engagement, in collaboration with the senior management team, marketing and communications departments, for Empawa on digital, social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
- Builds a yearly digital content plan that incorporates winning strategies for relevant digital platforms: both owned and operated as well as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social platforms.
- Creates a compelling digital content event strategy with yearly plans and develops key internal and external partnerships to ensure high quality experiences for the Empawa audience.
- Is solution-oriented and able to quickly prioritize and oversee production of relevant content in response to unexpected situations and circumstances.
- Closely collaborates with internal colleagues and stakeholders to ensure alignment on mission/vision/values and to support institutional goals and directives; authorizes projects and sets priorities.
- Interprets stated artistic and organizational goals and guides content, production and technical teams to achieve successful outcomes.
- Identifies digital content partnerships to enable growth.
- Creates and ensures a healthy ongoing content development process that enables creative ideas and inspires creative people both internal and external to Empawa.
- Regularly reviews and assesses digital content metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years producing highly engaged social media content
- Experience creating viral social media video content across Snap, FB, YT, IG, and other social platforms.
- Skilled in content production and executing creative projects from concept to completion
- You are an excellent cross-functional creative producer, communicator, and collaborator.
- You have a proven ability to drive creative development of work with in-house creatives and/or external agencies and vendors, and can coordinate multi-faceted workstreams between them.
- You have experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a Production, Creative, or Studio management at an agency, in-house marketing/communications team, or similar.
- You write concise, strategic creative briefs, and manage accountability for delivery and flawless execution of the work.
- You have fluency in key Design and Software Suites: Sketch, Figma, InVision,
- Experience in fast-paced, tight deadline, production team work environment.
- Experience working in the music industry is preferred.