Job Title: Legal and Compliance Manager
• Under the general direction of the Managing Director, ensure the company functions in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business goals. Provide legal support and represent the company in certain civil litigations and to perform the following corporate duties:
• Provide legal advice and regulatory advice and support to management and staff.
• Develop compliance programs, review company policies, and
• Identify legal risk and advise management on appropriate control framework to alleviate risks to ensure business continuity
• Conduct of legal research and/or opinions and provide legal update on modern trends on arbitration, conciliation and mediation
• Handle corporate legal processes such as transactions, acquisitions and other legal documents and procedures
• Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
• Liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of their obligation
• File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Company.
• Advise on statutory compliances.
• Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the Company.
• Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
• Submit quarterly work reports to Management and the Board of Directors.
• Submit quarterly reports on targets achieved together with an appraisal report to the Deputy Managing Director
• Maintain, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Company.
• Represent the Company at Arbitration and Public Utilities Commission hearings.
• Advise on the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
• Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications to laws and regulations governing the Company.
• Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
Qualification Required and Experience
• A good university degree in Law
• Must be called to practice at the Ghana Bar with at least 2 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
• MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
• Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and civil procedure
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Should be an excellent team player and possess good knowledge in all recent developments.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to: