Electrical Technician – Winders at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited – Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician – Winders.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician – Winders is accountable for carrying out maintenance on Winders, Winder Houses lighting , Signals and shaft Bank Areas, Dewatering and Conveyors (shift – 3, regular – 5) in a safe and compliant manner (with particular regard to LI2182) as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Winding operation.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG with particular regard to LI2182
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognise any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected mechanical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade working on Winding equipment
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in electrical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 17TH JANUARY, 2020.