Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor at Newmont Mining Corporation – Jobs in Ghana
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To supervise and provide technical assistance and support to Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians to improve system productivity, reliability, safety and stability through the design, construction and maintenance of electrical instruments and entire instrumentation systems.
- Supervise and manage E&I contractors, including work orders, service orders, and tracking purchases to ensure that preferred suppliers of labor and materials are used.
- Conduct ongoing troubleshooting of E&I issues through leading technicians in finding and executing solutions to E&I problems on-site.
- Determine shutdown critical path activities and plan resources to complete activities timeously and achieve expected quality outcomes.
- Verify the parts, and estimated time of arrival of items to determine the most appropriate prioritisation of jobs.
- Liaise with planning on backlog, scheduling, equipment shutdown planning and resourcing.
- Oversee E&I maintenance work in all process areas (i.e. Crushing, Grinding, CIL, Elution, CCD, WSF, TSF, Powerhouse and Workshop).
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Take accountability for achieving and maintaining level 3 maturity for MOS elements identified as ‘Accountable” in MOS RACI chart.
- Set up workshops for rebuilding equipment by providing hands-on assistance during maintenance activities to ensure safe work practices are followed.
- Take ownership of the following MOS elements:
- Identify New Work (MN10).
- Assign Work (MN11, M2).
Training & Experience
- High National Diploma in Engineering (Electrical).
- Inspecting Engineering Certification of competency.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in an E&I field within a gold processing plant or similar environment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM) techniques, such as Vibration Analysis, Thermography and Oil Analysis.
- Experience in Reliability Centered Maintenance programs.
- Experience in High Voltage switching programs.
- Experienced in Overhead PowerLine maintenance and architecture (Up to 34.5kV).
- Experienced in Power transformer and accessories maintenance and oil analysis result interpretation.
- Working experience in radiation sources safety and maintenance.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk, stand and occasionally operating heavy lifting equipment.
- There is occasional noise exposure to the field work environment. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces can also be expected.
Closing Date : 9th May, 2020
JOB FRAUD ALERT – BE WARNED!!
Do NOT Pay MONEY to any Employer Before Getting a JOB!! : Call +233(0)201533571 to Report a Job To Be Pulled Down ASAP!!