Driver at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
|Reports To:||PELA Research Director|
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Driver to support USAID’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting Activity (PELA) in Accra, Ghana. This position will report to the Chief of Party or his/her designee and starts immediately.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Drive local and international staff, and PELA project employees for project activities.
- Ensure the reception of official visitors including consultants and/or experts on mission) at the airport/port.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vehicle at all times.
- Maintain an up-to-date log book, record official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, and technical inspection and renewal dates of insurance.
- Ensure statutory requirements such as road worthiness and Insurance are complied with and up to date, and the valid documents/supplies are available at all times for inspection;
- Ensure the presence of valid legal documents in the vehicle.
- Monitor next vehicle maintenance and report any incidents or accidents to management, in accordance with the procedures of the organization.
- Follow up on maintenance work when the vehicle is being done.
- Provide logistical support for the organization of seminars/workshops.
- Report any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- Promptly inform the company of any tickets issued against the company vehicle during work hours.
- Ensure that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Notify the Office and Finance Coordinator at least 3 months before the expiry date of the vehicle documents (insurance, road worthiness certificate etc) for renewal.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Verbal and written fluency in English highly preferred
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels as required
- High sense of judgment and responsibilities
- The ability to read a map and use google maps
- Hold a valid national B or C driving license in Ghana
- Must have an excellent command of the highway code
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations
- Verbal and written fluency in English required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with at least one year in a program financed by bilateral and multilateral donors. USAID experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of the topography of the cities of Accra
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
Education: Must have a state diploma or equivalent technical and vocational patent of driver-mechanic.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in the field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Some travel outside Accra may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kindly submit your Application Letter and CV to [email protected]