Director -Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning
DAI Global Health is seeking a MERL Director (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning) for an upcoming USAID SBC opportunity in Ghana. This position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
The MERL Director is responsible for the overall design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation strategies.
- Provide technical leadership on Knowledge management to ensure evaluation and research findings are shared.
- Lead in the development of tools and strategies for the implementation of the project.
- Lead the design, learning and field formative and evaluative research baseline, mid-line, and end line research studies.
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in social science research methods, statistical modelling and related areas
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing MERL systems to meet research goals.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant data collection and processing methodologies with attention to ensuring data quality.
- Experience in effective working relationships to engage with the senior government and its counterparts at the national and sub-national levels, as well as other key stakeholders such as donors, other implementing partners, NGOs, civil society, academia, and the private sector to ensure effective MERL requirements
- Experience working with social science research methods and approaches including the use of focus group discussions, lot quality assurance approach longitude analysis and other related methods.
- Strong demonstrated capacities for spatial analysis including and the use of geographic information systems.
- Familiarity with donor monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Experience in using social and behaviour change approaches to promote healthy behaviours and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal-child health, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and nutrition.
- Ability to manage uncertainty, offering flexibility and thriving at the edge of change.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines on a continual basis.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English.