Job Title: Consulting Firm/Implementing Partner for Capacity Building
Organization: Dankook International Cooperation on Agriculture (DICA, Ghana Office)
Location: Cape Coast
Opening/Position: Consulting Firm/Implementing Partner for Capacity Building
Project Period: 30th April 2020 ~ 31st December 2023
The rice value chain improvement project is a project being implemented to improve rice production in Ghana, specifically, the Central Region. It is being Funded by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)/ Government of the Republic of Korea in partnership with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of the Government of Ghana. The Project Management Consultant (PMC), is Dankook International Cooperation on Agriculture (DICA) which is responsible for general project coordination & implementation as well as training & capacity development while partnering with the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) as the implementing agency responsible for the delivery of infrastructure & Agric equipment. Initiated in November 2020, the RVCI project intends to support farmer Based organizations in the rice farming sector while promoting sustainability and efforts in achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2. Which is to end hunger, achieve food security, and improved nutrition while promoting sustainable agriculture.
The overall scope and objectives of the project are as follows
Increase rice production and productivity through the selection of good varieties and seed distribution, training on cultivation techniques, and support of agricultural machinery.
Improve rice quality through the improvement of post-harvest management technology.
Improve rice quality by improving rice processing technology.
Improve farmer’s sales price by improving the capacity of farmers’ organization and marketing skills.
DICA Ghana, PMC nominated by Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified consultants to provide services as an Implementing Partner (IP) in capacity building for rice farmers on the Rice Value Chain Improvement Project in the Central Region of Ghana.
Component of Capacity Building Module
The consultant will be responsible for providing the following services
Local (domestic) training
– Local IP agency is in charge of the training program
– Korean ＆ Ghanaian experts will teach most of the lecture except for
– UNOPS is in charge of agricultural machinery session
○ Time: Once in August~ September (2021), two times (2022-2023)
– the fallow season when the farmers or trainees are mostly free
○ Place: Asuansi of Assin North (lecture), to be determined after MoFA confirms site for training mill.
○ Content of local training
– Lecturer: Dispatch of 6 specialized fields of Korean experts
(if possible with Ghanaian experts)
○ Content of local training will cover
TOT; TOR; Farmers training in
milling and quality control,
brand-naming and marketing
Practical activity: seed germination, seedling raising, milling, etc.
○ Field training: seed production in Okyereko, rice milling in Akropong
Training classification: TOT, Table 1~Table 4>: Agricultural officer, professor, and researcher with basic knowledge and experience in agriculture (both male and females)
*NOTE: Please email [email protected] for detailed Tables and Term of Reference (TOR)*
Other Responsibilities of the IP partner/Consultant will include:
○ Publish textbook including 7 fields for TOT (1st week Aug 2021) and ppt material before local training
○ Report submission
– Local training plan: 2021(July), 2022 (January), 2023(May)
– Local training results: 2021 (September), 2022 (February), 2023 (June)
○ Agricultural machinery training: to be carried out by UNOPS (2021) and expert who belong to the Local IP agency
– Kind of agricultural machinery: Tractor, rotovator, plough, harrow, etc.
– Selection: Agricultural engineering of the central region, leading farmers in agricultural machinery placed community
2) Overseas training:
○ Country: Korea (Sep. 2021), rice exporting country of Thailand (Nov. 2022)
＊ Overseas training program is flexible based on the COVID-19 situation
(discussion should be done with PMC after selection)
○ Trainees (15 people): District Directors, Agricultural Crops’ Officers, Lead Farmers,
Rice Milling Farmer, etc.
○ Curriculum (1 week): Visit main rice production complex, field trip to the rice
value chain, the survey of agricultural mechanization status, quality control, and marketing
○ Report submission
– Overseas training plan and visit course information: 2021(Mid, Aug)
– Report of the overseas training: 2021(Early, Oct)
3. Rice Branding and Marketing
○ Table 7: Rice Branding from August 2021 and carried out by Local IP agency
*NOTE: Please email [email protected] for detailed Tables and Term of Reference*
○ Report of rice brand/marketing support
– Selection of a good FBO, 2021, in the main season of 2022
– Preparation of rice bag with the brand name in commercial rice milling
* brand name is to be decided after discussion with agricultural officers in Cape
Coast of Central Region
– Rice marketing launching will be done in two categories: high quality and general quality rice
* High-quality rice brand will be targeted for replacement of rice import, while the general quality brand is to activate the regional economy.
○ Report submission
– Brand naming and launching result report: Mid. November (Each year)
. Brand naming (2021), Brand launching (2022)
General Terms and Conditions
All reports, curriculum, and documents prepared during the assignment shall be treated as the property of the DICA Ghana office. The reports/documents or any part, therefore, cannot be sold, used, and/or reproduced in any manner without the prior written approval of DICA Ghana office. In the event of the consultant/Agency requiring additional time to complete the contract, over and above the time previously agreed to, but without DICA Ghana office changing the scope of work, DICA Ghana office’s prior written approval for same shall be necessary. Please note that there will be an audit of the IP activities from time to time.
Award of Contract
The contract will be awarded to consulting firms following completion of all evaluations including negotiations if necessary.
The selected consultant(s)/IP partner is expected to commence the assignment promptly and on a date TBD.
Qualification and submission documents
* Applicant agency(firm.) should have experience in related fields for more than 10 years
(have an adequate understanding of TOT·TOL· Farmers training and rice brand, etc.)
＊Submit execution plan (included TOT·TOL· Farmers training, Overseas training, and make a rice brand＆launching program)
Technical Evaluation Criteria
Criteria, sub‐criteria, and Point awarded
Demonstrating understanding of the objectives and completeness of the assignment = 20
2. Methodology and implementation plan = 20
a. Level of details and quality (adequacy) of the methodology proposed for the assignment
b. Detailed implementation plan indicating the time frame
3. Proposed Team = 20
A detailed description of the proposed team’s position with the company and CVs (not more than three pages for each CV) of the proposed Team Leader and other key team members.
4. Organization = 20
a. Profile (including administrative and logistics facilities available), experience in a similar assignment in the last 10 years, client list, management control system.
b. Experience in working with UN, International Donor and development agencies
c. Additional resources/logistics which can be made available to conduct the training
a. Time: 30minutes including questions
6.Proposed budget evaluation(Allocating the right budget)= 10
Interested firms should submit
- The Consulting Firm/IP firms’ qualifications and/or references; and recent project history (limit 5 entries);
- CVs of key personnel
- Other supporting documents
For further inquiries contact us on telephone: +233 50 717 8376.
Deadline for Application: 25th June 2021.