Deputy General Secretary-Administration And Labour Relations at GIMPA – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The Ghana National Association of Teachers invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of: Deputy General Secretary-Administration and Labour Relations.
- Recruits and orientates new members into the Association
- Supervises Heads of Membership Education, Salaries, Terms and Conditions of Service and Administration Departments
- Develop solutions, handles grievances and mediates workplace disputes affecting the membership
- Coordinates the administration and negotiation of union agreements
- Oversees the design and development of compensation strategy for members and staff
- Evaluates procedures and technology solutions, to improve human resource data management
- Recommends and maintains an organisational structure and staffing levels, to accomplish organisational goals and objectives
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the Division and performs periodic cost and productivity analysis
- Recommends and establishes the Association’s Human Resource and membership education policies
- Creates the Association’s strategic training and organisational development plans to meet personal, professional and organisational needs
- Oversees compensation programmes to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels
- Creates organisational strategic recruitment and selection plans
- Serves on planning and policy-making committees of the Association
- Collaborates with the Labour Department and all agencies of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Finance.
- Compensation is negotiable within the Single Spine Salary structure framework.
Level of Responsibility
- Reports to the General Secretary
Required Skills or Experience
- Age should not be below 45 and not above 55 years at the time of interview
- A good University first degree from a recognised University but a Higher Qualification would be an advantage.
- Candidate ‘should be conversant with labour-related issues in public sector education in Ghana
- A working knowledge in basic Computer applications in Word and Excel is recommended.
- A background in Labour-Management Relations, Human Resource Management or Legal work is preferred
- A highly motivated individual capable of initiating relevant policies and programmes is the ideal candidate
- Candidate should be an effective team-builder and player
- The candidate should be strong in communication and negotiation skills.
- Candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills capable of managing a large of diverse membership and other publics.
- Applications with curriculum vitae/resumes, covering letters, vision statements, letters of recommendation from two (2) referees, copies of transcripts and certificates should be forwarded to the address below, not later than 31st May, 2019.
The Managing Consultant
GIMPA Consultancy & Innovation Directorate
P.O. Box AH 50, Achimota, Accra
JOB FRAUD ALERT – BE WARNED!!
Do NOT Pay MONEY to any Employer Before Getting a JOB!! : Call +233(0)201533571 to Report a Job To Be Pulled Down ASAP!!