Deputy Chief of Party | ReliefWeb
Summary of the Position
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is seeking to recruit a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated five-year US Department of Agriculture (USDA) funded Food for Progress (FFPr) program focused on improving the Cashew Value Chain in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria.
Based in Abidjan or Abuja, the Deputy Chief of Party will support the COP in overall strategic direction on the project including establishing and maintaining systems for project operations. The Deputy Chief of Party will oversee field-level program activities and ensure program deliverables meet the donor requirements. S/he will coordinate the award management and technical reporting.
Nascent is an Africa-focused, woman-led international development organization founded 2004 with the mission of harnessing the creative entrepreneurial skills of target beneficiaries and strengthening their capacity to champion the development agenda of their communities. In last 15 years, Nascent has mobilized resources and implemented programs in food security, nutrition, education, and maternal and child health, impacting the lives of over 10 million people in several African countries.
Please Note: Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire or Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the overall technical management of the project and ensures quality control and timeliness of all deliverables.
• Contribute to country program development strategy through news monitoring and contact with potential partners, stakeholders, and public and private donors.
• Coordinate activities in support of resource mobilization for Nascent’s country program.
• Coordinate the development of, implementation of, and timely reporting on the program activities; develop workplans, quarterly and semi-annual reports.
• Assist Field Coordinators in overseeing the programmatic implementation and monitoring of field-level activities in coordination with providers, consultants, regional partners, and program staff.
• Support field procurement award processes to ensure that activity deliverables are achieved, including drafting scopes of work for service providers, and implementing partners; evaluating technical deliverables; and setting deadlines to ensure on-time delivery of project outputs.
• Assist Nascent in gathering lessons learned from the various program M&E teams and propose methods to incorporate this data into future programming to ensure continuous improvement in project design.
• Follow-up on Nascent’s sustainability strategy and enhance buy-in of project stakeholders through the development of models that can render Nascent’s strategy more attractive and of added value to their partners.
• Coordinate processes and pipeline of regional-level activity development.
• Support the Chief of Party in the overall management of the program, represent him/her at the country level or serve as Acting Chief of Party, when necessary.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in international development and/or a related area
• A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts.
• Prior experience managing USG programs – particularly food aid programs that have both national and community-level engagement – is required.
• Prior work experience in Sub-Saharan African, particularly, West Africa, is strongly preferred
• Experience with USG policies and procedures regarding financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes and systems, and grants management.
• Experience with gender and social inclusion is highly desired.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and communications capacity • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written fluency in English and French is an added advantage.
• Willingness and ability to travel.