Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting applications from qualified Operations Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED) Activity. The DCOP-Ops will provide management and administrative leadership to the WABiLED program region-wide and will ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s and USAID’s procedures and policies. The DCOP-Ops will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program finance and operations in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments as required. The DCOP-Ops will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
* Serve as the Unit Lead for the Finance, Grants and Operations Unit and directly supervise finance, grants, administrative and operations staff;
* Prepare monthly financial reports and budget projections;
* Oversee the management of local grants and subcontracts ensuring compliance with all requirements, including financial monitoring and close coordination with the M&E and technical teams working on grants;
* Supervise the implementation and enforcement of personnel policies and practices; and
* Supervise office management and operations, logistics, procurement and travel and provide backstopping and support to the Chief of Party.
* Provide mentoring to the Finance Manager for possible future DCOP/Ops opportunities
* Serve as Acting Chief of Party as needed based on agreement with the CoP and/or PM
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Advanced degree preferred;
* At least two years of COP or DCOP of Operations experience on a USAID contract, or equivalent;
* Knowledge and experience of USAID and/or other international donor rules and regulations;
* Experience overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously, including hiring, training and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement;
* Demonstrated history of providing deliverables on time and within budget;
* Fluency in English required, fluency in French preferred;
* Demonstrated effective communication skills and especially strong interpersonal skills with government, civil society, and private sector stakeholders.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPOPWABILED
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.