Deputy Chief of Party – Ghana Health Systems Strengthening
FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming five-year USAID Ghana Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) project. The project will provide technical assistance to the Government of Ghana to strengthen the capacity of the Ghana Health System to implement Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and address key functions of the health system. The DCOP will be responsible for ensuring overall effective project implementation overseeing technical and administrative components. The position will be based in Accra and is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Ensures high technical standards are used to guide the technical and programmatic design and implementation of work plans and activities
- Provides leadership to the technical team, overseeing technical and programmatic aspects, including planning and implementation of the project
- Supervises senior technical staff
- Ensures clarity over plans and priorities and promotes effective team-work
- Leads the preparation of the annual work plans, budgets, and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID
- Ensures that interventions are evidence-based while promoting innovations
- Guarantees the efficient and effective use of the resources to reach the desired results of the project; monitors the work plans, budgets, and finances, in accordance with USAID and FHI 360 requirements
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the local USAID Mission, the Ministry of Health counterparts, and FHI 360 headquarters
- Maintains strong working relationships with project staff, subcontractors, and external stakeholders
- Master’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher, in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred
- At least eight years of senior-level professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, service delivery models, health policy, health financing, health management, and assessment of health systems
- Strong experience managing and supervising a large team of technical experts
- At least five years of professional experience in managing USAID and/or international development organization projects and staff; experience managing USAID contracts preferred
- Proven experience in successful implementation of programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and decentralized government levels
- Specific technical expertise in at least one health systems strengthening technical area (e.g., health financing, health management information systems, human resources for health, supply chain, quality improvement, leadership & governance, etc.)
- Proven experience in USAID programmatic and financial regulations and reporting per USAID guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage
Experience working with key stakeholders in Ghana strongly desired
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.