Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organisation can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Financial Advisory services, Risk Advisory, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions and Consulting. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Job Title: Financial Advisory Manager
About Financial Advisory
Our Financial Advisory service provides the full range of industry and functional expertise you can expect from a leading practice. Strong and active international ties ensure the ongoing sharing of expertise and access to additional specialist resources as and when required. Our areas of expertise include:
- Valuation and Modelling
- Corporate Finance Advisory
- M&A Transaction Services
- Debt and capital advisory
- Infrastructure advisory
- Economic consulting
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing engagements, providing exceptional high level leadership to the team and providing business and industry thought leadership.
The successful candidate will be tasked with one or more of the below responsibilities amongst others:
- Deal Origination and Business Development: Networking, meetings and proposal preparations to originate businesses.
- Business valuation and modelling: Undertaking valuation and business modelling for strategic decisions, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, private equity deals, pricing, and bid evaluations and restructuring.
- Buy-side and sell-side advisory services: Transaction advisory for Public Private Partnership Projects (PPP) and Capital Raise for companies.
- Transaction Due Diligence (DD): Using both historic and Predictive data to help companies and investor to focus on value drivers that pose the most investment risk or opportunity for return.
- Corporate Finance Services: Developing business plans, feasibility studies and advising clients in raising, investing, optimizing and preserving capital.
Qualifications / Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., BBA, B.Com ) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent with a minimum of second class upper degree
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Risk Management or related field from a reputable university will be an added advantage
- Candidate must possess certifications in at least one of the following: ICAG, ACCA, ICAEW or CFA Institute (or level three candidate)
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Must have in-depth experience in leading teams for pursuits or engagement delivery in any of the ‘Big 4” accounting firms or an investment bank
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Market leadership skills
- Business development skills
- Ability to think outside the box and quickly learn new ideas independently
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to maintain a professional outlook and carriage at all times