Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development program and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Job Title: Communication Manager
Whatever your age, gender, or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
The USAID-funded Power Africa West Africa Energy Program (WAEP or the Program), works to expand the supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following four Outcomes:
1. Increase the supply of power in West Africa
2. Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid
3. Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities
4. Accelerate the establishment of a high functioning regional power market
Direct Report: Deputy Chief of Party
The Communications Manager will be responsible for leading the programmes communications activities. As directed by the Chief of Party or their designee, the Communications Manager shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
- Assist in sponsoring program’s goals through participating in the overall development and execution of WAEP strategy
- Support creation and execution of all Work Plan activities and Program Outcomes
- Communicate with a team of long-term and short-term consultants and subcontractors working under Program Outcomes
- Lead creation and implementation of USAID WAEP Communications Strategy, which will include the following tasks:o Manage and coordinate the day to day activities of the Communications Team (Communications Specialist and Quality Assurance & Communications Consultant)o Develop a set of templates, guidelines and protocols for communication and coordination with counterpart organizations (governments, utilities, regulatory agencies, financial institutions and companies benefiting from WAEP activities) as well as between international donor organizations
o Lead the review and edit of all major deliverables in various publication forms for readability, spelling, grammar, accuracy, punctuation, consistency and logic
o Interface with USAID/Ghana, USAID/West Africa, and other USAID regional mission communication staffs to ensure all communications and published materials meet USAID and USG standards
o Work with beneficiaries and donor organizations to expand audience of Program deliverables
o Create marketing and event materials for USAID WAEP events, trainings, and public appearances
- Oversee the Communications Specialist to:o Support in the drafting and development of all content for internal and external communications including virtual spaces
o Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the program
o Assist in increasing WAEP social media presence by creating and sending content to USAID and Power Africa for publication on their social media sites
o Develop and update event calendar, and support in the execution of events across the regionAdvertisement
o Develop and consolidate strong media ties to confirm widespread outreach to public and business partners across the region
o Promote the Power Africa / USAID brand as an exceptional care provider in media and print;
o Develop content for print, virtual, and broadcast media
o Produce and manage materials for social networking websites on behalf of WAEP
o Support all creative inputs on company’s communications and publications
o Host the WAEP LinkedIn page and update content regularly
o Assist with taking meeting minutes, and transcribing meeting notes and handwritten notes from hard copy into electronic format
- Oversee the Quality Assurance and Communications Consultant to:o Ensure quality client contractual and reporting deliverables by reviewing Program deliverables to ensure messaging and reporting are clearly conveyed and reflect client sensitivities
o Lead the review, editing, and branding of all major contractual and technical deliverables in various publication forms for readability, spelling, grammar, accuracy, punctuation, consistency, and logic
o Support implementation of the Communications Strategy
- Work together with the Travel and Events Specialist to ensure that events and trainings are properly publicized, well-attended, exhibit appropriate and USAID-compliant marketing materials, and that schedules are coordinated to reduce scheduling conflicts
- Respond to direct requests from the COP, DCOP, PMO Lead, Technical Leads or Finance Manager, for ad-hoc assistance on a limited basis for tasks relevant to the position’s skill-set but outside of the positions specific tasks and responsibilities, so long as such requests do not interfere with direct responsibilities of the position.
Experience and Educational Requirement
- Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng. /B.Tech. etc.) in communication, journalism, media studies and any other related field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years cognate experience in communications or a related field of work
- Knowledge of cultural and communication norms and expectations in most West African countries;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or similar graphic design software will be an added advantage;
- Ability to quickly spot a “success story” to profile and individual or organization positively;
- Report writing abilities, knowledge of USAID requirements will be an added advantage;
- Exposure to and understanding of energy-related technical terminology preferred;
- Experience working with sub-contractors / partners / grantees in communication related matters;
- Proactive individual with a positive attitude willing to work in team settings; and
- French language skills preferred.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.