Deloitte Ghana Currently Recruiting 2019
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Ghana’s power sector. The objective of programme is to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objectives in selected countries in the West Africa region.
Job Title: Travel and Events Coordinator
- Support the development and implementation of project travel policies, procedures, processes, and templates
- Coordinate the development and approval of international travel requests for submission to client
- Make travel arrangements for project staff members as required
- Assist project staff members in obtaining required visas and residency permits and track renewal requirements
- Maintain project travel calendar and regularly communicate updates to the project leadership team, the security team, and other relevant parties
- Establish and manage relationships with travel service providers including travel agencies, hotels, visa service providers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Support the development and implementation of project events policies, procedures, processes, and templates
- Maintain master events calendar for the project and regularly communicate updates to the project leadership team, the security team, and other relevant parties
- Work with the relevant technical teams and project leadership to conceptualize, plan, and implement project events
- Work with other operations team members to secure venues, procure goods and services in support of project events, in line with the client and Deloitte requirements
- Work with the communications specialist to design and distribute invitations and event promotion materials
- Ensure that officials receive invitations, talking points, and event materials in a timeline compliant with the clients mission guidelines
- Assist in collecting monitoring and evaluation data related to project events
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc.)
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience
- deadlines consistently
- Experience in travel and event coordination roles in the region
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.