Database Administrator at Vodafone – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Operations and technical support for ORACLE and MSSql Database Platforms across Vodafone Ghana.
- Installation and Configuration Management
- Database Administration
- Backup & Recovery
- Responsibility for providing support in Testing and Deployment of new components
- Providing technical support across the Database Estate in Vodafone Ghana.
- Accountable for Documentation of all changes across the Database Estate in Vodafone Ghana
- Required to take decisions best suited for the stability of the Database environment during instability
- Provide technical expertise and decision making for appropriate level DB system environments on issues related to databases, local services, data centers DB environment, DB configuration and to ensure that Vodafone’s IT DBA needs as a business are met on a day to day basis. Supports the efforts of the Team Lead
- Provides consulting in requirements definition, specification, design, development, and integration of systems and server management on complex projects accountable for the IT Database delivery to ensure services adhere to project specifications
- Supports project deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT Database systems, including DB container builds
- Interacts with Team lead and other appropriate leaders to determine adequacy and efficiency configuration management, inventory management, and trouble management support provided by dba team in support of Major Programs and projects.
- Supports periodic maintenance and upgrades of respective DB environments.
- Assists the DBA Team lead in setting the company Database strategic technology direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- Must have minimum of 4 years’ experience with Oracle & MsSql Database administration & Support
- Must have between 2-4 years experience with database Clustering
- Must have between 2-4 years experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Exceptional track record in database management