DAI is an international development company. For over 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in over 90 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Job Title: Director of Social and Behaviour Change Communication
DAI Global Health is seeking a Director of Social and Behaviour Change Communication, / Deputy Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID SBC opportunity in Ghana. This position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel. The DCOP supports the COP in the responsibilities of the overall technical leadership and in-country management of the program and staff, provide leadership, direction and strategy for the program and will be responsible for delivery of all program outputs and for the meeting of all milestones.
Ensuring alignment between SBC strategies and needs of regional and district health management teams, health care workers and clients. Serves as one of the project lead in representation to DAI and USAID/Ghana, the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, and other external and internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in public health, communication, social sciences, social and behavior change, international development, or a related field.
- Proven ability to cultivate effective working relationships to engage with the senior government and its counterparts at the national and sub-national levels, as well as other key stakeholders such as donors, other implementing partners, NGOs, civil society, academia, and the private sector.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Senior project management experience with at least 10 years in the implementation and management of large social and behavior change health projects, with demonstrated experience in health communications.
- Experience in using social and behavior change approaches to promote healthy behaviors and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and nutrition.
- Ability to manage uncertainty, offering flexibility and thriving at the edge of change.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines on a continual basis.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English.