Credit Analyst at Standard Chartered Bank – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs required to perform quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM in
- Obtaining all pre-deal clearances like ER negativity, segmentation etc.
- Preparing and presenting work-shopping note
- Expediting approvals
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools including scorecard, in depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. Preparing country portfolio standards checklist, other special reporting requirements
- Liaise with GAM credit for limit approval and allocation
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in an account.
- Call reporting after visits, discussions or interactions with client.
- Assessment of the Client’s competitive positioning within its industry;
- Discussion of management strength, experience and track record and corporate governance more broadly;
- Articulation of the Client’s strategy and an assessment of its clarity and associated execution risks;
- Assessment of balance sheet strength, alongside cashflow and profitability vulnerability, via ratio analysis and/or stress testing;
- Discussion of other pertinent risk aspects, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support, relative ranking of indebtedness;
- Evaluation of risks associated with particular proposed transactions, where required;
- Ensure use of appropriate calculator in alignment with Credit Policy for relevant approvals (e.g. Raptor, Group Aggregation Calculator);
- Complete ESRA (Environment and Social Risk Assessment) Checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, complete Financial Markets Appropriateness and GWWR Attribute checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, Credit Term Sheet updates based on RM/Risk/MDU feedback;
Post Deal Account Management & Monitoring
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking Excess/Past dues, strictly complying with EAR, ASTAR, CART processes, etc
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Ensure Zero BCA overdues
- Liaise with credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on credit queries.
- Maintenance of Credit files and ensure Audit Ready at any time
- Attend portfolio calls with RM
- In partnership with RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put on EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Obtain quarterly/annual/interim financials from client
- Prepare specific industry study
- Prepare timely Stress Tests when required.
- In partnership with the RM, approve TAS requests as per the bank’s policy (only FI specific)
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required
- Prepare RFA for transferring to GSAM
- Effective use of Creditmate and Workbench
- Accountable for the credit quality of the assigned/acquired portfolio
- Credit stress testing
- CCC Certification
Preparation of other analysis as directed by the relevant Team Leader, such as Industry specific reviews, portfolio reviews, assessments of new prospects etc.
In respect of Clients where the role-holder is assigned as analyst:
- Proactive monitoring of key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable;
- Partnering Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through ensuring they are always fully briefed on key risk aspects;
- Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, as well as through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects;
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis;
- Acting as a broader point of expertise in respect of credit aspects with Product and others across SCB