Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing the USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program will partner and consult with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national level across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) in the region. The findings will improve institutional capacity of organizations and governments to implement more effective and coordinated CVE approaches.
To lead and support the implementation of Partnerships for Peace, Creative Associates seeks to engage a highly qualified and motivated team.
The Procurement Assistant will assist the Procurement & Logistics officer in scanning and uploading documents onto the Western Africa P4P Field Office Site on SharePoint. He/she will assist in preparing appropriate documentation considering the procurement thresholds.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Assistant will report to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
• Provide procurement and logistical support to the office
• Assist with translation (French to English) of Procurement documents from the Field Offices
• Scan and upload procurement documents onto SharePoint
• Create procurement files and follow appropriate nomenclature in accordance with procurement checklists
• Support to office assets management and inventory
• Filing of documents
• Update and constantly maintain Excel procurement tracker with up-to-date information on all procurement actions and upload new tracker onto SharePoint on a weekly basis
• Update and constantly maintain a comprehensive database of vendors and service providers
• Coordinate weekly Operations Calls with Field Teams
• Perform other related duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Post-Secondary professional or technical diploma required; BA/BS degree highly desired
Experience, knowledge and skills:
• Minimum of one year of administrative experience in an international development project
• Speak, write and read English and French fluently
• Proficient at using Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Prior experience with USAID or US government funded projects is highly desirable.
• Excellent analytical skills are required.
• Ability to foster and maintain teamwork, cooperation and learning.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to think critically and work independently are required.
• Constant attitude and ability to help others solve any problem that arise
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume to:
[email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. • All positions are full time and require a willingness to travel. • Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants. • Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.