Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Job Title: Account Assistant
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare PVs and posting same into quickbooks or any other software used
- Receive and vet request for funds and forward for approval
- Management of Petty Cash on the imprest system
- Handling customers, procurement of logistics, and vendors’ accounts
- Process income and expenditure transactions in Quickbooks Accounting Software
- Cash/Cheque lodgments
- Assist in maintaining a proper filing system and filing documents.
- Assist in fueling, monitoring and managing vehicle movements.
- Prepare weekly and monthly expenditure reports
- Any other duty as assigned by Accountant or the Director of Finance