Country Director – Ghana | ReliefWeb
Qatar Charity (QC) is a leading Gulf-origin nongovernmental organization dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender or political beliefs. Qatar Charity enables people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives while also empowering them to become self-sufficient through practical knowledge, focused expertise and innovative solutions.
The Country director represents Qatar Charity administratively and legally in the hosting country and is responsible for implementing the policies and procedures of the organization in field offices. The Director works to achieve the developmental and humanitarian goals of Qatar Charity Society by making the best use of available resources in cooperation with various stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Administrative and legal representation of Qatar Charity in the country.
- Implementation of strategic Plans of Qatar Charity and transform it into realistic action plans in the hosting country.
- Supervise all administrative, financial, technical and legal matters related to the office, branches and centers.
- Supervise the team, evaluate performance, and handle recruitment and all related matters to Human resources management.
- Ensure full compliance with the administrative, financial and technical procedures related to the implementation of programs, projects and activities.
- Prepare annual plans.
- Supervise and approve annual and quarterly budgets
- Supervise the implementation of annual plans, projects and approved programs according to specifications and work plans.
- Approve and follow up on the short-term and long-term technical follow-up reports of programs and projects implanted.
- Approve the monthly financial reports according to the correct financial model, and submitting them to the related departments at the headquarters as scheduled.
- Communication, coordination and cooperation with various governmental and non – governmental bodies, international organizations, and civil society organizations, private sector in the country.
- Conducting agreements with contractors, suppliers and others in accordance with the conditions, controls and regulatory procedures followed at the headquarters in Doha.
- Ensure the safety and security conditions in the Office are maintained.
- Follow proper legal procedures in resolving disputes that may arise between the office and other parties in a manner that guarantees Qatar Charity best interest.
- Preparing the annual reports of the office.
- Chairing the committees formed by the office for the purpose of joint coordination, such as the procurement committee, inventory committee and others.
- Approval of projects
- Adopting the needs of orphans
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned from headquarters.
Education and Professional Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Development / Economics / Sociology /Business / Engineering or any relevant discipline.
- Master Degree preferred in Development / Economics / Sociology /Business / Engineering or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the Developmental and humanitarian field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the Fieldwork with NGOs in leadership positions.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholder’s senior leadership.
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and interest to coach and develop staff.
- Strong representation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced level in computer skills (ICDL)
- Fluency in Arabic and English Language required.
Salary and Allowances:
Will be determined based on the QC’s Salary scale and rewards