Contracts Administrator at Newmont Mining Corporation – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Responsible for the procurement activities and ongoing contract management associated with capital projects. Support compliance of Newmont policies and procedures, contract and commercial conditions, and optimizes service times for the company and contractor areas.
- Executes Newmont’s purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire Supply Chain in regard to minor and major capital project procurement.
- Workload is primarily focused on projects purchasing from start to finish. Including the upfront planning, understanding lead times and operational integration through the implementation and finalisation of the contract and supplier performance.
- Interface with key client executives to promote and ensure effective visibility of the purchasing vision, and build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients. Ensure client satisfaction.
- Actively enhances working relationships and communication processes to ensure achievement of leading practice project procurement objectives. Recommends rationalisation and selection of suppliers to optimise Newmont’s supply base; promote strong working relationships with these suppliers and contractors. Monitor and continually improve suppliers and contractor’s performance.
- Provide support to Project Managers, for the annual planning of resources to ensure an optimum supply of materials and services for projects according to LOM and construction programs.
- Know and comply with the current Mining Safety and Hygiene legal regulations and Loss Prevention procedures of Newmont.
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment and compliance with Newmont’s Social Responsibility Policy, always showing a socially responsible behavior with the Community and with the Company.
- Develop skills and abilities of indirect reports through ongoing feedback, career guidance and mentoring for all resources in the supply chain organization
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- Two+ years’ experience in of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- One year experience in EPCM contracting, procurement and materials management.
- Mining experience preferred
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge of SAP/CLM is necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration and interaction is expected across supply chain organisations as well as across other service and operational areas of Newmont.
- Position may be required to travel to, and assist other domestic operations.