Component Manager – Criminal Chain (national)
He/she will join a regional project to support the fight against human trafficking in the Gulf of Guinea.
This 4 years project, started in 2019 and funded by the EUTF and Expertise France (18M€), aims at strengthening the operational and strategic capacities of the relevant actors involved in the fight against human trafficking at the regional, national, and local level.
Based in Accra, the Component manager (CM) will join the project team composed of individuals based in Ghana, in Paris HQ, in the regional office in Abidjan and in the other countries covered by the project.
The project team in Ghana is composed of a Project manager, an Admin/fi assistant and the CM.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager in Ghana and in coordination with the law enforcement and Justice experts based in Paris, the CM is responsible for all aspects of the criminal chain Component in Ghana. He/she will be in charge of coordinating the implementation of the following activities (might evolve) ;
1 : Creation of Human Trafficking focal points in the Ministry of Justice
a) Production of procedural guidelines
d) Equipment for the focal points
e) Support for the activities of HT unit**
Ø general coordination functions: dissemination of applicable laws and decrees ; compilations of judgments on HT ; collection and dissemination of best practices nationally and regionally.
Ø Technical functions : trainings, coachings
2 : Introducing / expanding basic and in-service training programmes, including modules on the protection of child victims and conduct of financial investigations into trafficking
a) Basic training on HT integrated in the schools curriculum (Judiciary training institute, Police academy))
b) Training of trainers et central level
c) On the job training for professionnal involved in the fight against human trafficking
3 : Equipment for specialised unit in charge of HT
4 : Stimulating cross-border cooperation
a) Organise technical meetings between criminal chain actors from different countries involved in the project
b) Organise exchange missions
· Establish and maintain efficient relationships with the project’s partners in Ghana at national and local level (Ministry of Justice, JTI, AHTU, GIS etc…);
· Contribute to the definition, planning and implementation of all the Component 2 activities in Ghana, in coordination with the PM for Ghana and the French Experts ;
· Follow up on implementation of the recommandations from the Criminal chain diagnostic, in liaison with the Authorities
· Collect and analyse the needs in terms of technical support and equipment formulated by the partners ;
· Facilitate, in coordination with the regional team, mutlidisciplinary exchanges bewtween criminal chain actors and other technical and financial parteners ;
· Facilitate and follow up on the deployment of short terms experts and consultants mobilised ;
· Participe in the project reporting by referring to the PM Ghana;
· Support the Regional Project Manager in developing thematic reports and other deliverables, on demand;
· Contribute to the validation of technical deliverables ;
· Conduct all missions relevant and necessary to the success of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS ET COMPETENCES :
· Master degree in Law
· Previous experience in the field of Migration and/or Human Trafficking
· Good knowledge of the Ghaean context and the criminal chain actors
· Proven competency in project management ;
· Full professional English proficiency, French appreciated;
· Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative information);
· Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, communicate and present complex issues in simplified ways which is easily understood;
· Goal orientated with the ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines;
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
· 3 years MINIMUM of relevant work experience in humanitarian/development project management ;
· Previous experience working with LEA/Justice actors strongly appreciated
Contract length: 18 months, with possibility of extension.
Type of contract: Short term contract through an umbrella company
Start date: asap
Salary level: according to profile and internal salary grid