Community Health Nurses – Clinical x18 at JSI Research & Training Institute – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Position Description: Community Health Nurses – Clinical
• This is full time position that will be based in districts in Western Region, Ghana The role of the Community Health Nurse Clinical (CHN-G) will be to act as project liaisons /focal points specific Ghana Health Service (GHS) ART facilities and PL collaborate with personnel there provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for PLHIVs ( including KPS), by actively managing successful community referrals, and ensuring their linkage to the desired facility’: based care and treatment services
• The main objective of the CHN-C is to provide professional health and nursing care to PLHIV by contributing to their regular care and maintenance, as well as participating in all HIV care and related programmes undertaken by the health facility
• The successful applicants will be deployed at venous health facilities offering ART services in the venous districts (Ahanta West, Ellembele, Jomoro, Nzema East, Prestea- Hum Valley Kwesimintim, Sekondi Takoradi Metro. Shama. Tarkwa-Nsueam Municipal, Wassa Arnenfi East and Wassa Amenfi West) in the Western Region Candidates resident in the designated districts will have an advantage
No of Positions: Eighteen (18)
Reporting Relationship: The Community Health Nurses – (Clinical) reports to the Senior Programme Specialist on the project, and who will be based in Takoradi
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate with HF management and personnel and participate in activities for assessment, planning and implementation of interventions for addressing patient care problems of PLHIV
• Actively engage PLHIV, and all new cases to support their participation in treatment and care programmes available at the facility
• Undertake and demonstrate nursing tasks in the best interest of patient care and professional standards
• Together with facility team, maintain a safe patient care environment at all times Ensure promotion of health and prevention of illnesses, teaching patients and their relatives about appropriate behaviours
• Adhere to the national health and safety policies, guidelines/protocols established in the health facility
• Take care of own safety and take all measures to ensure the safety of the patient, relatives and staff – reporting all accidents. risk assessments and incidents, completing relevant documentation and undertake further investigation as directed
• Comply with the GHS quality assurance policy and guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards
• Participate in project activities in the district, and also in all official role related activities
• Any other duty assigned by the project supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Community Health Nurse Certificate (Clinical). Knowledge Of Ghana Health Service HIV AIDS activities will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of ART services. prevention Of rnother to child transmission (PMTCT),reproductive health, maternal and child health (MCH), and HIV prevention is highly
• Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance issues
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
• Ability to work under pressure
• Western Region language abilities and cultural awareness will be useful
• Computer literate (Word. excel. power point)
The post holder must at all times:
• Work in accordance with the GHS/NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
• Strictly adhere to the provisions of the Patient’s Charter.
• Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards
• Attend in-service training to upgrade skills and knowledge to provide quality care to clients
• Keep Log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal
Location: Western Region
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae marked ‘Community Health Nurses —Clinical’ to:
Closing Date: 18 September, 2019
Please note at given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls or will be accepted.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply