Communications Outreach Lead – West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WA BiLED)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communications Outreach Lead candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED) Activity. The Communications Outreach Lead will work closely with technical team members to facilitate the overall communications approach of the project and promote objectives related to combatting wildlife trafficking; reducing deforestation, forest degradation and biodiversity loss; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increase carbon sequestration from improved land use.
* Develop, implement, and manage the project’s overall communications and outreach strategy
* Prioritize, develop, disseminate, and provide quality control to communication, outreach, and advocacy materials in support of project objectives. Identify opportunities for standardization of messaging and materials on project focal issues as possible.
* Lead awareness-raising campaigns toward public, government, and relevant stakeholders including private sector and development partners;
* Develop communications materials in collaboration with technical staff, including toolkits, manuals, documents and other resources, that are accessible, user-friendly, timely, and tailored primarily for a West Africa target audiences and stakeholders.
*Build capacity among staff, partners and other stakeholders around information and knowledge product development.
*Collaborate closely with project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialists to monitor, evaluate, and track communication, outreach, and advocacy materials and events in support of project indicators.
*Oversee production of internal and external communication materials for USAID, including quarterly/annual reports, work plans, brief memos, press releases, and event invitations.
*Collaborate with the Tetra Tech home office communications team as appropriate, including sharing of success stories, social media recommendations, and communication products developed in the field.
* Master’s Degree in Communication, Marketing, International Development, Public Relations, Environmental Studies, or a related field. Individuals with a combination of a Bachelor’s Degree with strong field experience encouraged to apply.
* 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing complex communication strategies, particularly in a West Africa setting, or designing and leading public relations and advocacy efforts for mission-driven organizations, advocacy groups, government agencies, or experience with conservation and environmental governance.
* Experience implementing USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID regulations strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, project staff and/or donor agencies;
* Experience implementing awareness campaigns, behavior change, social mobilization, and advocacy strategies and their practical application in the environment, climate change, and conversation space highly desirable.
* Motivated self-starter, effective, and collaborative team-player. Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Experience in West Africa strongly preferred.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
* West African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/WABiLEDOutreachLead
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.