Chief of Party – Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING II)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Ghana. The goal of this project is to strengthen service delivery systems in order to elicit the adoption of behaviors that promote nutrition and resilience of poor and food-insecure households in northern Ghana. The activity translates into the following objectives: 1) Local governments plan, finance, and deliver services that respond to the population’s needs. 2) Local government, non-governmental, and private entities collectively implement solutions to promote household nutrition and resilience. 3) Citizens influence local service delivery to respond to their needs
The COP will be the principal point of contact in Ghana for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Ghana on technical matters and must adjust activities and operations in response to USAID/Ghana technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
* Graduate degree, or bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience, in public finance, economics, public policy, law, or other relevant field;
* At least twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of public administration, local government support, or governance reform programs;
* Exceptional managerial skills and demonstrated experience in managing donor-funded projects of similar size and scope; USAID experience preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Previous experience implementing international development initiatives in complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/COPGhanaRINGll
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.