Chief of Party | ReliefWeb
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. FHI360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Chief of Party for an upcoming health-focused social and behavior change (SBC) project in Ghana. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. Local nationals, third-country nationals, and expatriates are eligible to apply.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the project and the project team.
- Development of annual workplans, budgets and ensure successful implementation.
- Technical and management responsibility for all project personnel.
- Work closely with other USAID-funded projects in ensuring alignment between SBC strategies and needs of regional and district health management teams, health care workers and clients.
- Serve as the project’s representative to USAID/Ghana, the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, other donors and institutions, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required.
- Responsible for addressing agreement-related issues, including ensuring that FHI360’s financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the project and for providing general program and technical direction as well as completion of required reports.
- Manage development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in public health, communication, social sciences, social and behavior change, international development, or a related field.
- Senior project management experience with at least 10 years in the implementation and management of large social and behavior change health projects, with demonstrated experience in health communications.
- Experience in using social and behavior change approaches to promote healthy behaviors and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and nutrition.
- Knowledge of the relevant health issues in Ghana a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360’s Career Center athttp://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.