Chief of party | Ghana | 2021
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II Systems Strengthening Activity in Ghana. The project aims to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana through a service delivery systems strengthening approach. The RING II Activity will result in sustained improvements in service delivery by local governments to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of reproductive-aged women and children under five years old in Northern Ghana. The chief of party will lead coordination among USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners. This position requires political gravitas, as s/he will interact with numerous Government of Ghana institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials, as well as other humanitarian programs working in the area. The chief of party will have a demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged environments, to work across different cultures, and to manage diverse teams while delivering impact within agreed-upon timelines. This position will be based in Ghana. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, oversight, and implementation of program activities in compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Lead efforts to collaborate and coordinate with other USAID/Ghana projects, local organizations, the Government of Ghana, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including program results and deliverables
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, local government counterparts, private sector associations, civil society organizations, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that relevant, productive and complementary activities are coordinated and leveraged effectively
- Provide guidance to senior technical staff
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate adjustments
- Advanced degree in international development, health, economic development, or other relevant field. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 15 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a Graduate degree**
- Minimum of ten years of relevant technical experience in international development, preferably in local governance, health, nutrition, or a related field (at least five of these years must be in a management/leadership position in programs of a similar scope and scale)
- Experience living and working in Ghana required, and specific experience and understanding of the local context in Northern Ghana strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects involving both public and private stakeholders
- High level of leadership, interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and key stakeholders
- Ability to provide technical guidance to partners in assessment, development, and implementation of the Activity’s data quality initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of the current and historic health and nutrition sectors in Ghana preferred
- Be able to work effectively in teams and collaborate in a multi-agency setting
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and strong written and oral communications skills required; proficiency in one or more Ghanaian languages a plus
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to [email protected] no later than February 22, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.