CARE International Jobs 2019 – Jobs in Ghana
CARE has a vision of a world of hope where all live in dignity and security… do you want to help us achieve this vision?
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of M & E Officer for Connecting the Unconnected PROJECT. ‘Connecting the unconnected – increasing innovation and livelihoods in agriculture in Ghana’ is an innovative partnership between CARE (an international NGO), BLUETOWN (a Danish internet service providing company) and local strategic partners, funded by the Danish aid agency Danida, under the Danida Market Development Partnerships programme (DMDP).
The project promotes internet connectivity as an enabler for development. Using digital technologies will enable agricultural communities in Ghana to achieve more sustainable and resilient production. This is done through digital inclusion and improved market linkages and innovative agricultural practices and technologies. The aim of the project is to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth through increased productivity in the agricultural sector, brought about by technological upgrading, innovation as well as improved resource efficiency and climate resilience in agricultural production. Additionally, the project explores the promotion of entrepreneurial agri-business models for youth enabled by connectivity.
Job Title: M & E Officer
The M& E officer is responsible for designing country-specific Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans including indicators, analysis, monitoring, and learning in accordance with the guidelines of the Danida- funded project. S/he will work with the Project Manager to establish sound reflective practices as a basis for the advancement of project objectives. The M&E officer will supervise and coordinate data collection activities at both community and district levels and provide technical backstopping. S/He will build the capacity of field teams to monitor project implementation and measure any changes and lessons in the project operational areas.
The position is based in Kumasi and will require frequent travel to the Asunafo North Municipality in the Ahafo Region.
- .Lead on the design of project-level M&E data collection tools, M & E plan/schedule and M&E frameworks in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Lead on the analysis of the collected data
- Database management and data protection in accordance with data protection best practices
- Support the Project team in the completion of semi-annual and annual project reporting, ensuring that the reporting is quality process and meets donor expectations and requirements
- Facilitate cross-learning during M&E events, peer evaluations, and sharing of technical resources (documents, etc.)
- Provide quality assurance for M&E related events, including review of ToRs for M&E related consultancies, baseline and evaluation designs and reports; where possible, to be present at the validation/dissemination meetings for baselines, endlines, and evaluations; also, when possible, to be present at and contributing to substantive DM&E capacity building events (for staff and/or partners).
- Maintain a calendar for project evaluations and ME related events; including the development and support for M&E capacity building plan in coordination with Project Manager.
- Conduct periodic monitoring of project activities, outputs and outcomes including data collection on a timely basis and in accordance with M&E plans
- Support planning Semi-Annual and annual Project Review sessions with Partners and Stakeholders
- Facilitate training of Staff, Partners & Stakeholders on M & E plans and tools
- Develop quarterly impact measurement reports to keep clients informed on program activities and performance
- Participate in forums to share program based information with stakeholders at the district, regional and national levels
- Facilitate and support the documentation of project processes and achievements including documentation for public dissemination e.g draft reports, case studies/MSCs, success stories, articles for use in the dissemination of best practices
- Support partners in the review and implementation of community and district level programs for documentation and dissemination of best practices
- Produce other reports as may be required in the project to ensure that all processes and project outcome/results and lessons are thoroughly documented and disseminated
- Support partners in action research, documentation, and dissemination of project experiences in user-friendly forms
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of the first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Science, Computer Science/Statistics/Information Management and another discipline relevant to rural development (Agriculture, Gender, Job Creation, Youth Skills Development, Value Chain Development)
- MA/MSc Degree or Postgraduate/specialized training in project planning and monitoring/evaluation will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in development projects preferably agriculture, value chains project planning, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge in the following thematic areas: digital development, entrepreneurial ecosystems and the agri-business in Ghana.
- NGOs experience; development M & E, quality improvement experience is an added advantage
- Livelihood analysis, logframes, project baselines, evaluations;
- M & E capacity assessments and development plans;
- Facilitation, training and coaching skills
- Written and verbal communication in English Language;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Computer skills that must include Microsoft Office and Excel
- Data analysis software and tools
- Good knowledge in Gender Equity and climate change rural livelihoods and partnerships
- Adherence to CARE’s core values and competencies (RICED)
- Excellent professionalism, relationship building and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to [email protected]
- PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Closing date for submission of applications is Thursday 19th December, 2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines “diversity” beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE’s core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection. Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse. OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY