CARE International Jobs 2018 – Jobs in Ghana
CARE International in Ghana (CARE-Ghana) is an international NGO. Its mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world. As a civil society institution, we target poverty reduction among the deprived segments of society in collaboration with like-minded CSOs,
local and national institutions as well as individuals actively engaged in poverty reduction and social inclusion in Ghana. Our prime targets are women, children and youth. In Ghana, CARE seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of responsive development, social equity and improved dignity and integrity in the society, through Food and Nutrition Security and Social and Economic Empowerment interventions.
Job Title: Program Assistant
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Program Assistant – Northern Ghana Governance Activity Project (NGGA).
The NGGA initiative in Ghana is part of CARE Ghana program that seeks to promote and strengthen responsive governance for improved agricultural development in Ghana. CARE is the lead implementer in a consortium for the capacity building intervention located in 26 target MMDAs of the
Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions of Ghana.
The NGGA consortium brings together first-hand knowledge and expertise in evidence-based, gender responsive development programming in Northern Ghana to empower poor women and smallholder farmers to promote more productive and equitable engagement in Agriculture through training, networking, advocacy and joint action. This Northern Ghana Governance Activity is being implemented with the generous support of the American People, through USAID.
The Program Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the Northern Ghana Governance team, performs a variety of administrative,
coordination and logistic services in support of the program, and assists with managing the project’s records. The Program Assistant is also provide assistance to the program leader and other team members in planning and coordinating team activities (meetings, workshops, travel budgets) to ensure adherence to deadlines.
In addition, the Program Assistant will assist in managing the administration, financial, secretarial, and procurement matters in support to the NGGA project team.
The position is based in Tamale and will report to the Chief of Party, Northern Ghana Governance Activity.
• Acts as the main contact person during the absence of team members, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff, and sharing workload with program assistants from other teams;
• Acknowledges receipt of correspondence and documentation in the absence of Program Leader or Program staff, and coordinates the drafting of all correspondence to be signed by the Program Leader or relevant Program staff;
• Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team and contributes to electronic filing of team documents
• Maintains a tracking system of all project deadlines and schedules and alerts program staff to project deadlines and schedules
• Maintains and updates team’s databases and mailing lists using the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Exchange
• Ensure that PRs, Requests for Payments and other procurement related activities are well coordinated to meet set deadlines for completion and ensure transmission of documents to appropriate office in HQ including filing of such documents at the PCU.
• Ensure all supporting documents to cash disbursement, approvals and journal vouchers are complete, accurate, and relevant and comply with CARE International in Ghana finance policies and USAID donor requirements.
• Assist in the review of project finance documents and maintain finance records and filing system on monthly basis
• Coordinate all NGGA projects bills to ensure timely payment to vendors.
• Receive and ensure dispatching of payments issued by Finance Manager to service providers according to CARE Ghana’s procedures and return the appropriate documentation back to Finance.
• Liaises with members of other host partners to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops that take place in different regions;
• Coordinate travel, accommodation, and other logistics required for NGGA program staff
• Liaise with and assists project recipients and consultants as required to ensure smooth functioning of activities;
• Prepare information packages and sends material to participants in a timely manner; and
• Coordinate registration process and acts as contact person for the participants.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of first degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Sciences or equivalent experience OR combination of education and work experience.
• Familiarity with basic finance, procurement, accounting practices, Logistics and time management experience will be an added advantage
Skills and Experience
• At least 1-3 years progressively responsible experience in support services, Finance, logistics and/or administrative work.
• Previous experience working with an INGO or Development Organization will be an added advantage. Familiarity with CARE procedures is desired..
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, & Outlook (or similar software); Basic analytical and statistical skills;
• Previous experience in administration and procurement
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Good working knowledge of Accounting software, Microsoft office suite including e-mail, internet and excel.
• At least 1 years working experience with similar USAID funded project
• Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to build and work in a team over extended periods and at short notice.
• Commitment to achieving results, deadline driven, proactive and self-motivated.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to: [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 03 January, 2018 OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY