Capture Research Coordinator (Consultancy), Ghana
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Capture Research Coordinator, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Capture Research Coordinator to oversee in-country information gathering for the anticipated USAID Market Systems and Resilience Activity in Ghana. The activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space that is inclusive, resilient and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors.
The consultant will support the home office team with on-the-ground support reaching out to relevant networks, arranging meetings, and any relevant background research. The consultant will be responsible for conducting primary research in response to requests from the proposal team, as well as manage the work of other local consultants and consulting firms contributing to the effort. Estimated LOE for this assignment is 40 days and is expected to be based in Accra, Ghana.
- Conduct key informant interviews;
- Coordinate other local research and capture support consultants/firms;
- Draft and present letters of introduction, as necessary;
- Collect, organize, and review data and information, as requested;
- Take and write up meeting notes, as requested;
- Maintain regular communication with home office staff
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agriculture, economics, marketing or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience leading local research or project implementation teams in Ghana, with a focus on producing time-bound deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of donor-funded agriculture and food security initiatives in Ghana