ConvyPlus Limited (trading as Boost Ghana) is the founding franchise deployment of Boost Technology with exclusive rights in Ghana. Boost exists to help informal small businesses thrive in Africa’s digital economy.
We have a roadmap of products and services we’ll like to offer to digitize informal SMEs in Ghana. For a start, we find the best suppliers with the best prices and deliver stock to the stores of retailers. Boost provides a one-stop-shop for them to restock their shops.
Boost Ghana is purpose-driven, ambitious, and relentlessly customer-centric in its approach. Boost Technology powers Boost Ghana with a centralized shared service platform that optimizes us for customer acquisition and service at the lowest possible operating cost.
Job Title: Buying & Supplier Relations Manager
The purpose of your role is to ensure adequate and efficient supply of products required by our retailers at all times within our overall business strategy. You will oversee a lean and driven products sourcing team to ensure on-time in-full (OTIF) supply of products, optimizing for customer experience and profitability. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a product supply strategy in line with the overall business strategy to ensure adequate and timely availability of products to maximize customer satisfaction and profitability;
- Proactively identify and contract the best suppliers for all products required in the company’s catalogue at the best prices;
- Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly buying activities across formal and informal suppliers (including open markets);
- Arrange all logistics required for the timely purchase and delivery of products from suppliers within operational budget;
- Establish and manage a win-win relationship with all suppliers of products required in the company’s catalogue;
- Manage and report on the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual supply budget;
- Continuously seek out partnerships to improve the timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness of product supply;
- Work with the Warehouse Manager, Operations Director and micro-distributors to manage inventory in a way that optimizes profitability and customer experience;
- Effectively manage the Buying and Supplier Relations team (comprising an internal resource and contractors) – driving customer centricity, employee engagement and productivity;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
These values should strongly resonate with you and are the foundations of the company we will build together:
- Purpose driven: You should be motivated by the potential for impact.
- Being real: You are always your honest, authentic self, through good times and bad.
- Tenacity: When faced with adversity, you relentlessly persevere until you find a solution.
- Compassion: You put yourself in the shoes of others to understand their challenges and take action to help them.
- Courage: You do not fear taking the road less travelled, going against the crowd, and making the hard decision.
- Well Being: You take care of yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically to be the best that you can be.
To fit our culture and be successful in this role, you should possess these ways of thinking and behaving:
- Understanding of E-Commerce Direct-to-Consumer/Business or order fulfilment concepts;
- Being exemplary and able to inspire confidence in others through the way you behave, work and talk;
- Being open-minded to learn new more effective ways of working and unlearn old ways;
- Ability to bring multiple innovative tools, methods, and thought-processes to the team.
- An ability to continuously assess, prioritize, and complete tasks in a dynamic environment where speed of execution trumps perfection.
- A relentless pursuit to build for scale and a strong distaste for waste and inefficiency.
- A hypothesis-driven approach to continuously experiment, fail, learn, and discover new and better ways of doing things.
- Holding yourself and others accountable to a high standard of performance at all times.
- Being self-aware of your own strengths and weaknesses, continuously seeking feedback and looking to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively – written and oral across the organization
You should have a demonstrated track record:
- In business development or supply chain or logistics management in FMCG, e-commerce or similar environment;
- Using supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, supplier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Working with and managing relationships with suppliers in both formal and informal (open market) businesses in Ghana;
- Initiating and closing deals – you have the drive to overcome rejections, re-strategize and close the deal;
- Maintaining strong client orientation and service delivery approach, with the ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Leading teams, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Being able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues;
- Customer centricity: being passionate about delivering compelling customer experience and value through design thinking and rapid prototyping
- Product availability
- Order purchase accuracy
- Supplier margins (Profitability)
- Customer NPS
- Supply TAT
- Buying costs
- Employee engagement
- Supplier NPS
- Operations Director
- Operations team – Warehouse Manager, Order Fulfillment Officers
- Customer & Products Team
- Sales & Marketing
- Customers (Retailers)
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration with allowances and performance incentives
- Continuous training and development
- Working in a young dynamic and world-class team
- Flexible work schedule
How To Apply
- Email your CV with a one page motivation letter explaining why you are the most suited candidate for the role to [email protected].