BI ETL Specialist at Vodafone – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The role is key for sourcing data from the operational systems, applying the business transformation rules and preparing a database-loadable file for the Data Warehouse. The role is also involved in the deployment of the data acquisition tool(s) and contributing the technical metadata to the metadata repository
- Sourcing the data from the operational systems, applying the business transformation rules and preparing a database-loadable file for the Data Warehouse
- Support the design, development, and implementation of BI solutions utilizing 3rd party BI and ETL tools.
- Support the data warehouse design and integration efforts, including data sourcing and transformation, logical/physical data modelling and ETL development in support of the BI application.
- Ensuring the correct application of the business rules through data query after the data is loaded into the Data Warehouse. Following the data extraction and rules application, the file(s) will need to be made ready for loading into the Data Warehouse
- Work with all areas of the business to understand their BI reporting requirements.
- Gather and document business reporting requirements and translate these into system architecture designs.
- Work with Business users and 3rd party suppliers to understand, analyze, and refine the application requirements and, where needed, provide guidance on selection of BI tools and methodologies.
- Provide business users with timely and accurate business data and reports.
- Provide best practice guidance and mentoring to Business users of BI applications.
- Train and assist Business users of BI applications
- Strong technological background, with qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent
- Excellent SQL skills & Good knowledge of relational and object database models.
- More than 3 years’ work experience in a business and technology focused IT environment
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience designing and building complete ETL/SSIS processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing
- Multiple OS and DB platform experience
- Professional qualifications in a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience; Tableau, Business Objects, Oracle, Microsoft BI, OBIEE, etc.
- Perform administrative tasks including but not limited to configuring SMTP, and data source configuration
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence tools.
- Application integration (ETL) skills and have good architecture methodology
- Understands in house product development and BI reporting