BASICS International Job Vacancy : Director Of Programmes – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
BASICS International, has been in existence for 15 years, provided much need social services to woman and children in Ghana.
Our mission is to break the cycle of poverty for socially and economically disadvantaged children in inner-city communities. Through financial and social investments, we provide education and social services, that nurtures the holistic development of a child which leads to self sufficiency.
B.A.S.I.C.S International is a local NGO , founded in 2000 serving underserved, impoverished, disenfranchised communities. Located in Chorkor, Accra BASICS mission is to break the cycle of poverty for socially and economically disadvantaged children in inner-city communities. Through financial and social investments, we provide education and social services, that nurtures the holistic development of a child which leads to self sufficiency
As B.A.S.I.C.S International transitions to be a sustainable organization and create a succession plan for its founder; a management team is being developed.
In this newly developed position DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMES will oversee all programmes of B.A.S.I.C.S International . The position will be responsible for working with the Executive Director, team members and the Board of Directors to give proper strategic direction, as well as the continuous leadership for the NGO’s visi on.
- Work with and report to the Executive Director; to maintain the mission of the organization, create a sustainable plan and develop and implement objectives and strategies aimed at promoting the NGOS mission
- Manage the Back to School Program, which mission is to place children in school,through identifying individuals to invest in breaking cycles of poverty , through education . identifying children in community who are not in school, and/or could benefit from our services.
- Manage Break the Cycle program – which promotes and increases school retention through social services ( after school program, social work, life skill and vocational training, arts, music, library, ICT training and community service
- Manage all other supporting programs which includes, but not limited: IGAP, Creative Hub, Outreach
- Manage and build a competent team ; which promotes social advancement ; through recruiting, training and motivating staff, interns and volunteers
- Work directly with different sectors, agencies, organizations to promote the objectives of the organization
- Public speaker and public relations representative of B.A.S.I.C.S International
- Devise remedial actions for any identified issues when necessary
- Identify areas and opportunities for growth and/or expansion
- Identify sources of funding and/or partnerships
- Accommodations ( not transferrable, or negotiable) in designated staff house
Required Skills or Experience
- Knowledge of current social and political issues in at least some of the following: issues affecting inner city ( impoverished) communities: poverty alleviation, social work, informal education, alternative and career technical education, education and career development for low-income youth.
- Analytical Thinking Skills for Problem Solving, and experience in developing strategies and plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to produce well written and analyzed reports, accurate and high level electronic and paper communication, sophisticated proposals and presentations.
- Proven record and ability to lead and motivate
- International work or education experience; and/or working with international organization
- Must be computer literate ( Microsoft Word, Excel , etc) ( will be tested)
- Willing and able to work long hours
- Work with passion for change
- Creative skills; through arts, design, fashion, etc ( helpful)
- Must have references
- Must clear police check
- Must be in good health
Submit application according to these instructions:
- Please submit in body of email ( and as an attachment:
- Introduction letter- outlining your education, qualifications, interest, skills and why you are qualified for this position
- Submit CV as ATTACHMENT ( should not be more than 2 pages)
Applicant must be available for face to face interview in Ghana immediately. Must be available for employment immediately.
All other need not apply to this posting.
Please send to [email protected]
Subject: Director of Programmes / Your NAME