I am seeking applications for a Technical Services Manager – (residential) West Africa.
This is a mine undergoing a turnaround of operations across all parts of the business, and this exciting 2 year fixed-term opportunity will be accountable for improving practices and transforming the operations, processes and systems. The right candidate thrives in transformation environments and builds a collaborative environment to engage stakeholders and build their understanding of operations, data and insight.
This role is designed to improve outcomes in 3 key areas while supporting the right balance of change for the company:
Job Title: Technical Services Manager – Underground Mining
- Analyse mining production information to understand areas for improvement
- Develop and execute production improvement programs
- Optimise the mine plan for high production and low costs
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Identify key risks in the short and long term mine plans and mitigate risks with innovative and sustainable solutions
- Pit designs and short term LOM schedules
- Ensure blast design is consistent, minimising dilution whilst optimising fragmentation and geotechnical controls;
- Technical Support of Tailings Storage Facility construction as required
- Management of associated mining infrastructure engineering management e.g. stockpiles, waste dumps and water treatment systems
- Develop section budgets and participate in mine budgeting process
Skills and experience
- Degree qualification in Mining Engineering
- Extensive mine planning experience in underground and ideally open pit gold operations is critical for success
- Expertise in Surpac, MineSched and Blastware is an advantage
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with a range of key internal stakeholders
- Commitment to training and development of team
- Strong safety focus
- A willingness to work in a multicultural environment – previous expatriate / african experience is highly desirable
Whats on offer:
Competitive remuneration packaging including bonus incentives (potential tax advantages),
The role is a residential hybrid role, offering 3x business flights home per year, etc. With a generous $USD expat package + bonus, can bring a partner if you choose. Medical insurance, Modern housing, Golf Club, Swimming pools, gym and pool tables.
If you would like to be considered, please provide an updated cv and contact details to [email protected], shortlisting to be conducted immediately. These roles are required ASAP.
To your success!