Applications Officer at ARB Apex Bank – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
ARB Apex Bank is seeking applications from suitably qualified applicants for the positions of Applications Officer.
• To enhance operations of the ARB Apex Bank and Rural and Community Banks (RCBs) by designing, developing and implementing business software solutions and providing support to end-users.
• Provide maintenance and support of business application systems of the Bank to ensure timely rollout for use by RCBs.
• Train RCBs on business systems to ensure users can effectively run the systems.
• Liaise with consultants to roll out projects assigned to ensure they are completed on time and meet the Bank’s
• Perform Close-of-Day activities to ensure the banking software is ready for use the next day and generate reports for submission to Applications
• Resolve incidents logged in the Helpdesk System and escalate unresolved issues to vendors to ensure they are addressed
• Provide support to users of software and applications used by ARB Apex Bank and RCBs
• Apply patches and upgrade all business applications to correct errors and enhance the smooth use of the systems.
• Connect new RCB Agencies to the Date Centre infrastructure in toms of setup, configuration end implementation of business applications
• To perform any other tasks which may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field from a recognised University
• At least six (6) years post-qualification experience in a similar environment
• Relevant Professional Qualifications will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Working knowledge of IT Tools and Databases — MS SQL, HTMLS, C#, Oracle, Java
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Technologies
• Excellent working knowledge of the core banking software preferably Temenos T24, with at least 4 years’ experience
• Working knowledge of SWIFT/GIS and Cheque Cleating systems
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Redhat Linux
• Excellent networking skills
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong analytical mind
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good facilitation skills
• Ability to work to strict timelines
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite.
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees and contact telephone/email addresses should be forwarded to:
Finance and Administration Dept.
ARB Apex Bank Limited
P.O. BOX GP 20321
Closing Date: 18 February, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.