AngloGold Ashanti Job Vacancy : Senior Production Engineer – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as SENIOR PRODUCTION ENGINEER
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To provide direct mining technical support services to the AGAG operating assets and development projects in order to achieve business objectives/targets and to develop drill and blast guidelines and procedures to optimize ore extraction.
- Provide unequivocal mine planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Prepare production engineering data aligned to defined quality assurance expectations.
- Timely assessments of Production Engineering processes data.
- Conclusions with accurate information and analysis.
- Work programme risk assessments conducted prior to implementation.
- Develop the annual Mine Planning cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual business plans.
- Annual cost centre Budget.
- Report on costs controls and any deviations or constraints which may impact on planned outcomes.
- Deliver the work of the Mine Planning function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Implement approved work programmes and reports on the attainment of plan.
- Applied controls to manage identified risks.
- Applied techniques, tools and skills for target development.
- Workplace monitoring and compliance with work standards of field personnel and contractors.
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Mine Planning team.
- Quarterly Reports which identify areas where Production Engineering may contribute an increase in enhanced methods which will bring improved efficiencies.
- Optimise procedures within existing functional processes through the application of problem identification and resolution methodologies.
- Conduct trend analyses on functional performance to identify and recommend ways of optimising resources for work cycle execution and pre-empting potential process and procedure variance through the establishment of:
- Statistical controls (alert system),
- Improved work practices, procedures and processes.
- Improved team knowledge and skills.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ proven experience in mine planning in either an underground or open pit mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department;
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening;
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software;
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Mining Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
- Extensive experience and understanding of mining production process/practices.
- Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Ability to develop innovative technical ideas/practices with regards to different mining methods and their application.
- Extensive knowledge of Mining Methods and strengths and weaknesses of the methods and the applicable use.
Planning (Advanced Application)
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimisation.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design and scheduling to achieve Business outcomes.
- Ability to generate and act as competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
Contract Management (Basic Application)
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results,