AngloGold Ashanti Job Vacancy : Security Officer – Investigations – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Officer – Investigations.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Security Superintendent – Investigations to ensure the successful investigation of all cases and to provide support in the implementation of mitigation measures to reduce risk including information gathering, criminal and disciplinary action of all cases as applicable.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety Vision and Values
- Contribute to the identification of safety risks and resolve and escalating emerging issues that impact on area of accountability
- Maintain processes to provide a safe workplace e.g. leading safety toolbox talks, inspecting planned task observations, reviewing job safety analysis documentation and conducting work inspections to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within your area of accountability to reduce the number of significant hazards towards zero lost time injuries
- Set safety goals annually for area of accountability
- Manage the intake and preliminary evaluation of incoming investigations
- Categorize and enter the incoming investigations into the current tracking database and ensure timely case updates are entered
- Conduct security and other investigations (Compliance, HR, etc.)assist with coordination other security services (e.g intellectual Property or Computer Forensics, Education and Training) as called upon
Financial / Cost Management
- Assist in developing the annual budget
- Assist in the forecasting of next budget cycle requirements
- Continuously identify and maintain cost savings initiatives
- The results of the work and the results of the working behaviours of Subordinates
- Effectively modelling values-based behaviours and applying all managerial leadership practices in relation to Subordinates
- Build and maintaining a team of subordinates capable of doing the necessary work
- Assist in the identification and assessment of security risks and recommend appropriate mitigating measures
- Assist in compliance of discipline against the Global Security Framework
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary qualification from an accredited institution
- Relevant professional investigations training / qualification (CSMP, PSI, etc.)
- A working knowledge in the Laws and Justice System of Ghana
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ investigation experience in Police, Military, EOCO, BNI or the extractive industry
- Experience and training in self-defence tactics
- Experience in investigation techniques (questioning and interviewing skills)
- Experience in forensic auditing
- Valid Ghanaian driver’s license
- Ability to plan and execute complex investigations and submit reports leading to sound recommendations to mitigate risk
- Knowledge in developing crime management plans and implementation of mitigating plans
- Experience in project management of projects with a high level of complexity
- Sound understanding of the mining value chain and impacts of Security Management
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legal regime as applies to the mining industry
- Knowledge of emergency management
- Excellent IT Skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Solves problems and analyse issues
- Relationship building
- Displays high integrity and honesty
- Communicates powerfully an prolifically
- Team player
- Display technical and professional expertise
- Takes initiative and demonstrates innovation
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH FEBRUARY, 2019.