AngloGold Ashanti Job Vacancy : HR Superintendent – Industrial Relations – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Financial Controller.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role holder is to provide direct support to Senior Manager, Finance & Commercial. The role will be required to assist in the Design and implementation of best practice procedures within the Finance and budget function within the company and also ensure risk management plans are in place and implemented for the foreign exchange and multicurrency environment such that exposures are limited or mitigated.
In general, to assist in the Design and implementation of best practice procedures within the Finance and budget function within the company
- Ensure risk management plans are in place and implemented for the foreign exchange and multicurrency environment such that exposures are limited or mitigated
- To ensure that provisional royalty payment is loaded for release immediately once it is received back from its approval by Senior Manager – Finance & Commercial.
- To ensure that invoices are loaded for payments and released within two days from the day of dispatch from AP section
- Ensure that filing of the released payments is done timely and properly to allow easy retrieval of documents whenever they are needed for reference.
- Review bank reconciliations on monthly basis or as and when is necessary.
- To review cash flow analysis on daily basis and advise Senior Manager – Finance on the proposed funds movements.
- To review and approve payments – electronic and manual
- To monitor petty cash movements and policy government petty cash
- Supervise the processing of salaries and other benefits to employees as per the laws and laid down policies.
- To ensure that payroll Inputs are captured accurately after they have been approved accordingly.
- Review and sign off the payroll accounts reconciliations on monthly basis
- Review and approve statutory returns and payments to the government
- Ensure the Company remains tax, SOX and statutory compliance
- Supervise and ensure that WHT liability account is closely monitored and the withheld amount gets remitted to the Revenue Authority as per the applicable law.
- Oversee and ensure that WHT reports are completed timely for submission and for annually submission respectively as required by GRA.
- Supervise and ensure that VAT GL accounts are monitored on a day-to-day basis in terms of checking the following:
- That transactions are described properly as per Tax invoices – Incorrectly entered descriptions should be communicated back to the document processor for corrections
- Monitor the correct recording of various VAT categories between standard rated, exempted, and zero rated items in these various VAT accounts.
- Supervise and ensure that VAT return is finalized by 30th of every following month and shared with the Senior Manager – Finance & Commercial for first review prior to the review done by Tax Specialist
- Supervise and ensure that VAT recon file is updated every month prior to the date of submitting HFM Pack.
- Monitor and ensure that back charges clearing account is pulled on daily basis to identify transactions posted into this account for immediate movement of the same from this account into an account which is intended to recover the costs from.
- Supervise the processing of custom duties on the same day they are received from FFT without any delay. The process should involve the following:
Financial Reporting & Budgeting
- Accountable for the coordination and preparation of the Obuasi financial budget on an annual basis and ensure monitoring of all expenditure against the budget for every functional area;
- Ensure internal & cost management controls are in place and functional;
- Monitor, analyse and improve departmental performance
- Ensure that all reporting standards (international accounting standards) are met;
- Follow up on all audit findings (internal and external) are addressed and ensure acceptable practices and procedures are maintained;
- Eliminate performance variance within and between processes
- Design and compile financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually);
- Continuous validation of information submitted for reporting purposes with respective stakeholders and reporting discrepancies and variances against the functional and overall budget;
- Consolidate budget and business plan for both the redevelopment and operational readiness teams
- Validate the accuracy of Financial Ledger input
- Supervise and ensure that bullion boxing activities are completed every week or as may be required.
- Bullion Accounting: Manage the preparing of the bullion file in terms of updating the same with inputs received from Rand Refinery Limited.
- Oversee the preparation of Gold reconciliation at the end of every month
- Establish payable amounts to be accrued for with respect to Final royalty, World Gold Council, Service levy and Final inspection and Clearance fees at the end of every month before the submission of HFM Pack.
- Periods opening and closing in SAP every month or as may be needed to do so.
- Run revaluations on monthly basis
- Review GL accounts
- Update and manage insurances
- Review all the work done by the four sections reporting into the FC including Financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payable and governance
- Manage the relationships with the banks providing services to Obuasi Mine in terms of their respective electronic platforms and advising the bank with changes as they happen.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a qualified Chartered Accountant preferably
- A post graduate degree in business would be an added advantage
- 6 – 8 years financial management post qualification experience preferably within the mining industry, of which at least 4 years should have been at a senior management level.
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- A basic knowledge in Company Law and Mining regulations will be required
- Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data, and can initiate and drive the operational and budgetary improvements as required.
- Financial and Budgetary Management (Advanced Application)
- Actively looks for ways to manage costs without impacting on planned outcomes
- Functional Planning (Advanced Application)
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of financial and budgeting systems and practices.
- Innovation (Advanced Application)
- Generates innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing assets, products, services or processes
- Demonstrating an openness to new ideas and new ways of working
- A good appreciation and understanding of the operational value drivers of mining assets
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results