AngloGold Ashanti Job Vacancy : Chief Mine Planning Engineer – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as CHIEF MINE PLANNING ENGINEER
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To build, develop, and lead an effective team capable of delivering industry leading practices within the mine planning & technical support functions in order to achieve business objectives/targets.
- Establish the necessary Mine Planning processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal mine planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Mine Planning cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Mine Planning function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Mining department and with own Mine Planning team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development.
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority.
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Mine Planning team.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years’ proven experience in mine planning in either an underground or open pit mining environment of which at least Five (5) years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department;
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening;
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software;
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site
- Excellent Communication Skills
Mining Production Processes & Practices (Basic Application)
- Understands key mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimizing performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge in production management, tracking, mining dispatch systems, surveying, geology, contract management, drilling & blasting techniques;
Planning (Advanced Application)
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimisation.
- Ability to generate and act as competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
Contract Management (Basic Application)
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results.