AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Control Room Lead.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to monitor the processing plant operations through electronic representation shown on monitors as well as make changes to variables in consultation with other field personnel and departments to ensure smooth running of processes according to established procedures.
- Monitor plant operations to ensure safe and smooth running of the entire processing plant circuit.
- Monitor plant operations to ensure process streams deliver on set points / targets
- Report anomalies/deviations to the Sectional Lead and Operations Lead
- Promote AGA Health, Safety and Environmental actions for optimum performance.
- Take appropriate action in case of irregularities or emergencies in consultation with relevant stakeholders including plant operators, supervisors, managers etc.
- Maintain records of plant operations and development performance including performance of machinery.
- Manage emergency procedures. The control room lead is to react quickly in case of emergency and set emergency procedures in motion.
- Monitor all fire alarms within the process plant
- Ensure that the control room remain secure at all times and that no unauthorized person enter the control room
- Ensure the surveillance monitors are observed at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Tertiary qualification in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Materials or Chemical engineering or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of metallurgical processes as well as engineering concepts and practices to be able to effectively coordinate the processes
- 5 years’ experience in a process plant preferably 2-3 years as Control Room/Shift Supervisor/ Metallurgist role
- Demonstrate knowledge of metallurgical processes.
- Monitoring of plant performance and efficiency.
- Must be alert at all times to be able to communicate quickly with relevant stakeholders and take appropriate actions in case of deviations and emergencies.
- Self-motivated to achieve results
- Strong inter-personal and decision making skills
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.